“The best place to stay in Trinidad” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Casa di Elio Ramos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Casa di Elio Ramos
Ranked #7 of 346 Trinidad B&B and Inns
“The best place to stay in Trinidad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Elio's has got to be one of the best places to stay in Trinidad. The location is perfect and Elio will personally attend to whatever you need. Great food, clean rooms, authentic colonial house, amazing rooftop - you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Phillip B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We spent in this Casa tree of the four days we were in Trinidad.
The Casa is central, the room was clean, Elio and his sister Maira were really very kind.
The dinner we had here - prepared by a professional cook – were perhaps the best we had in Cuba.
Elio, also, speaks a fluent italian, and this was useful for my little kid, who doesn't know english.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandro_e_band
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been in Elio House. Very good attention, service, food, clean room & people. Elio speak very good english, italian & spanish, it`s good for a strangers people don`t speak good spanish. Maira his sister make a good food. I ate every day lobster, its a luxury in Europe. ah! if you want practice your "salsa" dance, Elio is a professional teacher in this dancing. Trinidad its a beautiful place, the ancient and colonial streets. I recommended go to "casa de la musica" & " Cave disco"!. Alex bcn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AlexBarcelona321
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were a group of four and we had a wonderful experience staying at Casa Elio. The casa is in a great location, has a lot of character and Elvis and Mayra went the extra mile to make sure we were happy. Rooms were very clean and food was excellent!
I would wholeheartedly recommend this casa.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

After researching different Casa Particulars in Trinidad, I chose that of Elio Ramos. I picked his casa as he was well represented on the internet and was very efficient in communicating with me. He always responded to his emails within 24 hours and spoke English (and Italian) fluently to easily confirm my reservation.
His home is very clean, safe, and located in the downtown of Trinidad. It is 7 miles from the beach (easily travelled via taxi). There are two rooms located on the second floor, one on the first floor. On the rooftop of the building, there is a lovely patio to stargaze. The food (breakfast and dinner) was wonderful, prepared by his friend Renier. A particular note – for breakfast, the cookie-biscuits are fantastic and addictive. His sister did our laundry with less than 24 hour turnaround. The room was air-conditioned, well maintained, and the honor bar was well stocked with reasonable prices.
Elio did everything he could to make our stay a comfortable and memorable one, from providing us with a tour of Trinidad and a walking map to arranging a car to drive us back to Havana. He even provided our travel companions with another place to stay at the last minute (we did not warn him of their arrival). He is a very good host and should consider buying another casa to increase his space and availability.

Room Tip: of the second floor room, the back room is quieter as it is further from the street
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandi b
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is by far the best casa I stayed at in Cuba. You can't beat the location and the host, Elio, is a very genuine guy. He really went out of his way to ensure that my stay was comfortable and convenient.

The casa itself is very impressive. It has a wonderful open air feel with a very nice central terrace. The terrace on the top floor offers some incredible views of the Escambray Mountains and is the perfect place to relax while drinking a Cuba Libre. My room was nice and clean. It had A/C and a separate private terrace as well.

On top of the excellent accommodations, the food here was also some of the best I had in Cuba. All of the meals were prepared by a local hotel chef (Elio's friend I believe) and the lobster dinner I had on the final night was very impressive (I'm from New England, so we take our lobster very seriously).

Overall, I would highly recommend staying at this casa. In terms of location, accommodations, food and hospitality, it's about as good as casas come.

Additional benefits:

-Elio has internet in his home, so you can easily book a room in advance
-Elio is an English professor, so his English is obviously impeccable. My Spanish is so-so and I enjoyed practicing on the trip, but this was definitely a nice chance to speak fluently about Cuba and it's people.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tyler G
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed here with a friend in May. I know she liked it more than I did, as I could take it or leave it with this place. The location is really fantastic, right on the main street in Trinidad so you are close to everything there is to see.

The rooms were clean and from what I could see, ours was the biggest (top floor with a patio it shared with another room. I can't find a fault with the rooms, besides the temperature of the water in the showers fluctuating wildly during my showers.

My problem with the casa was the one meal I ate here made me intensely sick. The food tasted good, but I was deathly ill after eating it. There is no question to me that this meal is what cause me to be sick, as I had eaten mostly bread and crackers up until that point while in Trinidad. Elio also made a point of telling me to write a good review as there are many casa's in Trinidad and it's important to have good reviews, which I found irritating. Let me decide to write a good review, don't tell me to do it.

Overall, there are many casa's in Trinidad, and although I wouldn't return to Trinidad, if I did I would like to see what other casa's were like.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Fire-Fly87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
#3 of 14 in Cayo Santa Maria
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,102 reviews

Been to Hostal Casa di Elio Ramos? Share your experiences!