“Loved the Casa at Bombino!”
Review of Casa Bombino

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Casa Bombino
Ranked #50 of 351 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Postojna, Slovenia
“Loved the Casa at Bombino!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Casa is nice and clean and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. They take time for you and you feel very welcome. Casa is just 5 min walk from the old city centre. If you have a car you can park it close to the house (2 cuc/day). We loved the food, Mojito and Chancanchara:) Recommend to stay there!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed 3 nights in August 2011 at Bombinos´house and simply loved it. Especially Alexander, Bominos´son, was very helpful. We can only highly recommend a stay in this beautiful house in beautiful Trinidad!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Bombino has been a wonderful host. The casa is located just in the centre of Trinidad and therefore you won't have any problem finding it.

Really clean rooms, with air condition, independent bathrooms and in general with everything that you could ask for in a Casa Particulare. If you have a car, you can also arrange it with him so that someone can keep an eye on it during the night (optional but useful) just in case.

I still have his business card!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank alexandrosg
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I spent one week at Casa Bombino and had the best time of my holiday there. Not only is the house very nice - the host and his son alexander, who speaks english very very well, treat you like a family member and make you feel very welcome. The rooms are big and the bathroom supplies everything you need. And they have closeable windows, which makes it less noisy then in some other casas. I really enjoyed the balkony, where I had my dinner or spent time reading. The food and drinks are delicious!
The house is close to Plaza Mayor and the Casa de la musica, you can walk through the whole city from here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Eva M
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This casa particular was very special and a recommendation for everyone! Alex, the son of Bombino, is very friendly and very helpful. It's a relief to finally get the chance to have a proper English conversation. Alexander made it very special.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The Casa Particular Casa Bombino is very well situated in the center of Trinidad.
But the real charm of our stay at Casa Bombino was the hospitality of Mr. Bombino, Alexander, his son, and the entire family.
The rooms are individually located on the first floor of the habitation. We could really enjoy our stay and share interesting conversation with Alexander and with the family.
We enjoyed every single meal and still dream about the excellent cocktails.
Alexander speaks very good english, it makes it easy to communicate!
He kindly organized Salsa lessons on our balcony, it was brilliant.
We highly recommend Casa Bombino for your next stay in the beautiful city of Trinidad.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alex-Wan
London
Reviewed 13 June 2011

It doesn't really matter that Bombino's casa particular is within a few minutes' walking distance from the UNESCO heritage site of Trinidad. Nor does it matter that the basic rooms are comfortable and peaceful. What really matters is that Bombino and his son Alexander bent over backwards to make my stay memorable - from helping me change bus tickets, to whipping up cold fresh juice drinks at no extra cost, to spoiling me with amazing food. Alexander even insisted on waking up especially and taking me to the bus station at 7am on the back of his bicycle in case I got lost! Now ask yourself: would you do the same for a tourist if your dad owned a B&B? Probably not!

I decided on Bombino's after reading a review elsewhere on the Internet, where he was described as someone that 'was interested in your personality rather than your money' and 'someone who thinks all people are the same.' I vouch for this completely. This is one of the nicest families I have met in many, many years of traveling and I simply wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else upon my return to Trinidad.

For me, hospitality is what fond memories of a country are made of. And thanks to Bombino I have extremely fond memories of Cuba!

Room Tip: Ask Bombino which rooms you can choose from