“Great Casa!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Casa Colonial el Patio
Ranked #3 of 351 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Great Casa!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in this casa for 1 night in December 2013.

The location was perfect - in the historical part of town and only 3 blocks from plaza mayor.

My room was clean and felt brand new as the casa was renovated only 3 years ago. Mine had a television, fridge, fan, air conditioning, comfortable bed, and a private bathroom.

Breakfast and dinner were both very good. For breakfast I had tortilla with pastries, fresh fruit, bread, coffee, and fresh juice. For dinner I had too much food: pumpkin cream soup, pork fried with white wine and onions, yucca with butter, rice, bread, salad of cabbage, tomato, and cucumber, bread, and ice cream for dessert. Nice presentation too. I ate both meals at a table in the lush patio.

Manuel and family were great. Manuel spoke perfect English, and spent some time answering my questions about where to go and what to see in Trinidad.

I would highly recommend this casa. You can contact Manuel on his mobile: +53 53592371, and you can visit their website here: http://www.elpatio.trinidadhostales.com/

To get to the casa I hired a private taxi. My driver, also named Manuel, picked me up in Cayo Santa Maria, dropped me in Trinidad, and picked me up the following day for the return trip to Cayo Santa Maria. I would also highly recommend this taxi service. Manuel and his private taxi work out of Santa Clara and can be contacted on his mobile at: +53 52474911. Manuel's English is limited but he is good with dates, times and locations. You can also send him a text message.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank SteveCDN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is definitely a top casa!
This beautiful old colonial house in the centre of Trinidad has a great lush garden!
All the rooms (Manuel has opened a third room in December) are connected to this garden.
Everything was great: the house, the garden, the rooms, the service, the food and the family was very helpful and lovely!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anka T
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I visited during my birthday in October and I received such a warm welcome. They are truly lovely people and the accommodation is amazing. The patio outside literally takes your breath away, it almost doesn't look real it's so beautiful! The bedrooms have their own individual designs and character, it's really elegant. I would really recommend this place not only for the interior, but for the people too. It's rare I can say that about anywhere. So thank you for making my birthday so nice!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lylaroad
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a wonderful casa, with lots of charm and character. The owners are really nice and helpful, and makes great food. Trinidad is one og the most colorful and beutiful places I've ever been to. And i'm really glad I stayed at this place. I stayed here with my wife and one year old son, so I can absolutely reccomend this casa to other families traveling.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Thomas S
Saint James, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Manuel & Lisbeth are lovely and warm. Manuel was very helpful finding us a pair of bicycles (not easy in Cuba) one day and a guide the next to accomodate our various desires.
We ate our best meals in Cuba at Casa Colonial, especially the fish dinners prepared by Lisbeth and family. We felt very privleged to stay in a home of such historical significance and amongst such gracious people. We were only there a few days but felt like family by the time we departed!
Any traveler would be lucky to stay in Casa Colonial.

Room Tip: When we stayed there, we were lucky to stay in one of only a few rooms that are available to guests...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelynn A
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here towards the end of last year. Manuel was such an amazing host. A great cook with a very welcoming kind family.
The casa was well looked after. One of the best in Cuba. The location is central, clean with quiet rooms. Highly recommend this casa!
Phil.

Room Tip: Think the front room is slightly larger but both rooms are fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This casa is the MOST beautiful we have stayed or seen in Cuba. Breathtaking from the moment you step in. Every single corner you look at shows a loving dedication to details and respect for the amazing history of this place. A great taste overall. The extremely sympathetic and helpful hosts Manuel and Lizbeth created a unique, almost dreamy atmosphere. The patio is far more beautiful than everything we have seen on our trips to the jungle. You want to spend time in this little spot of peace and beauty. After travelling 3000 kilometers all over cuba this casa is remarkable.
It shows that people can realize great things under 'difficult' circumstances if they want to. Obviously they wanted and suceeded gracefully. They created a small paradise. Respect!

A Beautiful and rich breakfast is served in the patio. Unfortunately we didn't enjoy the dinner. Next time.
In our rooms everything was on a high level. Perfect bathroom, air condition and so on. Clean and cosy atmosphere and again a good taste in the details overall. Only the bed is a bit to short eventhough I am not the super tall guy.

We highly recomend this casa!!! THANK YOU

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sascha K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad
#21 of 351 in Trinidad
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
#4 of 15 in Cayo Santa Maria

Been to Hostal Casa Colonial el Patio? Share your experiences!