“Beautiful Family, Excellent Food, Amazing Value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Casa Colonial el Patio
Ranked #3 of 351 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful Family, Excellent Food, Amazing Value”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just read what others have said about this Casa. It's all true, it's a great choice. Manuel speak perfect english and is very accommodating.

Three days into our trip I had a dental emergency and the family helped me get it dealt with the very next day. I was in and out of the hospital and dentist in 1.5 hours total if you can believe that, and was completely restored. They look after tourists and it cost about $50 total. No more worries for the rest of the trip.

The family makes you feel comfortable they are the best hosts you could hope for. Staying in a hotel does not compare and we stayed in the best hotels all across Cuba.

The food for breakfast and dinner were of epic portions and were so affordable. You really do not need to eat at a restaurant. The recipes are delicious and home cooked. The back patio at night is illuminated and the tress are amazing and it's the most beautiful setting much nicer than the restaurants.

The rooms are great much better than most. The location is perfect. Don't miss going up the tower for the most awesome view you have ever seen and it's right next door.

Trinidad is a safe place to go. Cuba for the most part is a safe environment. The people are very friendly and not pushy.

Book your bus tickets in advance online at Viazul (like greyhound) it's just down the street from the Casa you can walk. No need to spend a fortune on taxi's or rent a car. Get there 1 hour before it leaves or they will sell your tickets to standby customers. Cobble stone streets bring sensible shoes and pack light you can hand wash your clothes. Bring a pocket spanish phrase book ;)

Go to the mountain and see the waterfall and walk the path about 3k it's stunning (book a taxi for a few hours). Stop and get coffee beans on the roadside. The coffee in this region is the best and we are coffee lovers and drink it black. Espresso everywhere this is the go to place for coffee. There is a beach 10 minutes away by car that is nice. Mostly all inclusive, umbrellas are on the beach and a couple of guys will serve you food and drink. Ladies bring travel toilette paper they charge outside of restrooms.

We are going back and staying here. The value is incredible and the town is epic! This is the right place to go just book it you won't be sorry.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RockDarkness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in this casa for 1 night in December 2013.

The location was perfect - in the historical part of town and only 3 blocks from plaza mayor.

My room was clean and felt brand new as the casa was renovated only 3 years ago. Mine had a television, fridge, fan, air conditioning, comfortable bed, and a private bathroom.

Breakfast and dinner were both very good. For breakfast I had tortilla with pastries, fresh fruit, bread, coffee, and fresh juice. For dinner I had too much food: pumpkin cream soup, pork fried with white wine and onions, yucca with butter, rice, bread, salad of cabbage, tomato, and cucumber, bread, and ice cream for dessert. Nice presentation too. I ate both meals at a table in the lush patio.

Manuel and family were great. Manuel spoke perfect English, and spent some time answering my questions about where to go and what to see in Trinidad.

I would highly recommend this casa. You can contact Manuel on his mobile: +53 53592371, and you can visit their website here: http://www.elpatio.trinidadhostales.com/

To get to the casa I hired a private taxi. My driver, also named Manuel, picked me up in Cayo Santa Maria, dropped me in Trinidad, and picked me up the following day for the return trip to Cayo Santa Maria. I would also highly recommend this taxi service. Manuel and his private taxi work out of Santa Clara and can be contacted on his mobile at: +53 52474911. Manuel's English is limited but he is good with dates, times and locations. You can also send him a text message.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank SteveCDN
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is definitely a top casa!
This beautiful old colonial house in the centre of Trinidad has a great lush garden!
All the rooms (Manuel has opened a third room in December) are connected to this garden.
Everything was great: the house, the garden, the rooms, the service, the food and the family was very helpful and lovely!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anka T
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I visited during my birthday in October and I received such a warm welcome. They are truly lovely people and the accommodation is amazing. The patio outside literally takes your breath away, it almost doesn't look real it's so beautiful! The bedrooms have their own individual designs and character, it's really elegant. I would really recommend this place not only for the interior, but for the people too. It's rare I can say that about anywhere. So thank you for making my birthday so nice!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lylaroad
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a wonderful casa, with lots of charm and character. The owners are really nice and helpful, and makes great food. Trinidad is one og the most colorful and beutiful places I've ever been to. And i'm really glad I stayed at this place. I stayed here with my wife and one year old son, so I can absolutely reccomend this casa to other families traveling.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Thomas S
Saint James, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Manuel & Lisbeth are lovely and warm. Manuel was very helpful finding us a pair of bicycles (not easy in Cuba) one day and a guide the next to accomodate our various desires.
We ate our best meals in Cuba at Casa Colonial, especially the fish dinners prepared by Lisbeth and family. We felt very privleged to stay in a home of such historical significance and amongst such gracious people. We were only there a few days but felt like family by the time we departed!
Any traveler would be lucky to stay in Casa Colonial.

Room Tip: When we stayed there, we were lucky to stay in one of only a few rooms that are available to guests...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelynn A
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here towards the end of last year. Manuel was such an amazing host. A great cook with a very welcoming kind family.
The casa was well looked after. One of the best in Cuba. The location is central, clean with quiet rooms. Highly recommend this casa!
Phil.

Room Tip: Think the front room is slightly larger but both rooms are fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad
Starfish Cuatro Palmas
#9 of 64 in Varadero
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,190 reviews
Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa

Been to Hostal Casa Colonial el Patio? Share your experiences!