“Lovely seafood”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
West Sussex
“Lovely seafood”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I visited this paladar 2 years ago, and revisited last week as I enjoyed it so much the first time. The seafood is lovely, I particularly enjoyed the seafood paste/pate that comes at the start of the meal, and the seafood generally is really good - lobster, prawns etc. Go hugry, portions are large! I am not a dessert fan, but my friend had the flan and liked that very much (and her Dad is a chef), I can see it's recommended by others too. Musicians are good too, and the owners and staff are friendly. I would recommend this paladar to anyone visiting Trinidad.

• Visited May 2014

Brighton
“Lobster and beans”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was the best restaurant we ate at in the whole of our Cuban trip. They must have been trying to impress our tour guide because they brought out an enormous platter piled high with lobster to go with the rice, beans, fried plantain and cassava (not so popular) - I had three half shells. Then we were serenaded by a fabulous cowboy band, and the chef even came out and did a couple of songs. They got three of our party to play with them (including our normally quiet driver). A great night out under the stars in my favourite town in Cuba. This was the only night I didn't bring my camera!

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“One of the best dining experiences in Cuba”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was part of a tour group that ate out every night, mostly at Paladares in Havana. We did a two day trip to Trinidad - and this was one of the best dining experiences on our trip. The family that owns it is lovely and very welcoming. We were served an incredible feast of soups, salads, vegetables and baked dishes prior to the entrees being served. The stuffed baked tomatoes were the best thing I ate in Cuba! Our entrée was lobster, fish and prawns. Grandma's recipe home made flan was served for dessert - best dessert of the trip. Everything in was CUC 15 per person. The owners arranged for a salsa group to serenade us - and then he danced with a few of us. Beautiful inner courtyard setting. Highly recommended if you go to Trinidad!

• Visited January 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Best value for money”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This restaurant offered us a full menu with drink included for CUC 7, being the cheapest we had in Cuba, and the food was tasty. The waiter was very friendly. The terrace outside overlooks the street with cobbled stones.

• Visited September 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Welcome food in a welcoming restaurant”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Visited on Sat 21st Sept after almost 2 weeks in Cuba. It was one of our best meals of the holiday. Delightful waiter who chatted with us without being persistent. Everything on the menu was available. The food was well presented and tasted great. The music was via a juke box (Cuban tunes) which was a welcome change from short bursts of live music accompanied by the endless request for tips. It was a lovely relaxed place with food and staff that I would happily recommend.

• Visited September 2013