Four of us stayed here over New Year and had a marvellous time.
Most of the other reviews are pretty spot on so I won't waste time duplicating, but in summary:
- Terrific grounds, really stunningly kept, lots of new places to discover too
- Loads of activities and things to see & do, unlike some other all inclusives I've stayed at
- Great rooms (note that some have/have not been recently refurbished - we asked to change rooms during our stay and staff were very willing to oblige)
- Superb pool area, really huge and plenty of areas to sunbathe around it. No shortage of sun beds
- Truly some of the most wonderful and helpful staff you will ever meet
- Great variety of places to eat & drink
- Lovely atmosphere all round the place
- Terrific weather!
- Yes the food isn't terrific, but by Cuban standards it's probably the best available. Contrary to some other comments, the only one we really didn't enjoy was the Japanese. The Cuban (definitely not bland!) and the French were probably the best two, along with the buffet. The Mediterranean was perfectly acceptable too. All that most of them lack is a bit of proper seasoning, which you suspect is because they can't get hold of the right ingredients.
Would love to go back & heartily recommend the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Odigeo, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin