“Always check the traffic”
Review of Merritt Parkway

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This highway is a good option when I-95 is packed. Always check the traffic as it's only 2 lanes. Be careful of deers crossing the highway.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Beautiful scenery but way too much traffic at most times of the day. I go to ikea, going tgere are ten is ok but coming home to ny from ct is a nightmare around two to three!!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

It is such a nice scenic road that I felt compelled to write a review about it. As I was driving from NJ to MA, I got tired of the highways and at some point decided to try something different to change the scenery. I took Merritt Parkway and it was such a pleasant drive! It’s only a two lane but heavy vehicles are not allowed and there was not much traffic when I took it – on a Sunday evening. I could not get bored with the forest, the overhanging trees, the pretty overpasses, the layout of the road – gentle slopes, winding curves. I found it easy to stay alert with this pretty landscape. For me it was a great alternative to the southern portion of I-95 in Connecticut.

2  Thank Soliterre
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I grew up around the Merrit Parkway. As a teenager I used to commute to work on the Merrit. I never thought twice about it. I've since moved out of the area, as have my parents. Just last week I traveled through the area via the Merrit Parkway. Wow. People drive way, way too fast on this narrow, very pretty, but dangerous road. Slow down people. Maybe this has nothing to do with the Merrit and just has to do with Motorists in general. To be fair, we almost lost my lives on I290 in Worcester MA on the same day due to some nut job cutting us off. Just a warning to motorists choosing to take the Merrit, slow down.

1  Thank seacoastgirl
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Hey it's a road. A nice road, narrow from the days of yesteryear and very up down and all around. Kind of like a drive through Sherwood Forest with no trucks or tolls.

2  Thank gfkr2

Been to Merritt Parkway? Share your experiences!