“Loop Road is worthwhile”
Review of Tamiami Trail

and up
Full day Everglades, Big Cypress and 10,000 Islands, Airboat and Boat Ride
Ranked #1,678 of 5,405 things to do in Florida
More attraction details
Owner description: Also known as U.S. 41, this road crosses Everglades National Parks' northern border.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Loop Road is a 20 - something mile long loop that connects at both ends to the Tamiami Trail. Much of it is unpaved, but regular passenger cars will do fine. You'll get a look at several different types of surroundings at 15 mph, rather than 60 mph on the TT itself. Much more likely to see wildlife. If you can spend and extra couple of hours on your TT drive, I recommend taking the Loop Road. The park Web page has details.

5  Thank CaliTexan22
"stops"
"scenery"
"adventure"

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We live in Key West and on our way to New Orleans we had a extra time so we took the Tamiami Trail. We had done this before but it was no big deal and we didn't see much wildlife. Let me tell you this must be the season, we had so much fun I set the cruise on 45 and we just drove along watching all the gators and birds. It was a wonder day of driving. We had to have seen 150 gators, all sizes and in and out of the water. I just stayed in the right lane and let the world of cars rushing go around. I don't understand if you take that road why be in a hurry but some were. There are some really nice places to stop but we didn't stop. Mostly because I drove by before I new i could stop. There are tons of places for air boat ride and that looks like fun.
This is a fun drive and kids would go crazy looking at all the gators. If you are close and have the time take Hwy 41 through the Everglades. But don't be in a hurry!

15  Thank Glen S
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Beautiful, peaceful drive. Stopped at rest area and saw alligators which was nice. Lots of places to stop & things to see. Recommend over I-95.

1  Thank Lecy333
Reviewed 19 September 2013

After disembarking our cruise ship in Miami, my husband & I took the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples before continuing on up to the Tampa area. It was really cool to see this untouched part of Florida. However, the drive was a bit frustrating, as there was road work going on at various points, which resulted in several road closures (only one lane was open for traffic going both ways). If we didn't encounter that road work, I think our trip through the trail would have been a bit more enjoyable than it was. Perhaps we will stop for an airboat road next time, when we hopefully won't be quite as pressed for time.

6  Thank Mdgrl79