Ranked #607 of 1,858 things to do in Georgia
More attraction details
Owner description: This mountain range, which passes through North Carolina, stretches from the northern part of Virginia to the northern part of Georgia.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have been visiting Blue Ridge for many years and have to say our experience at the Blue Ridge Marina was very DISHEARTING!!!!!!! We had decided to go spend the day on the lake and thought renting a pontoon being we had five children and they could go tubing would be great. The lake is breath taking and the kids had a blast. However when it was time to come in we did notice the whole crew waiting our arrival we thought it seemed rather odd. The one man was directing us where to pull into the ramp while the other five men stood there. The very minute we pulled up he abruptly jumped onto the front went right over to a burn hole in the carpet and insisted we were smoking or perhaps had candles on board. I informed him no one smokes and how ridiculous to think we had a candle being it was broad daylight. He then kept on insisting the burn was fresh no less. I even told him he had my permission to go thru our belongings to look for any paraphernalia. It's DESPICABLE after giving them the amount of money we did they tried to SWINDLE more!!!!! I consider this DIRTY GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23  Thank Rebecca M

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had read the one terrible review the Blue Ridge Marina had, but decided the positives would outweigh the negative. In addition that review was several years ago and things had to have changed simply based on that terrible review. However to my complete shock the almost identical story was happening before our eyes. After a wonderful day on the pontoon we were coming in to park the boat and 5-6 employees were waiting on the dock. I had originally thought no big deal that they are just waiting on the last boat to go home for the day, but before we had even tied up a manager was screaming about burn holes on the outer front of boat's carpet. Then asking who was smoking and we told him no one smokes. He then suggested we must of had candles on a boat, another wild accusation. To top it off no one was even on the front, he stated he knew it was fresh and we were going to pay. They were completely trying to bait us to collect on their $500 damage hold, they had quickly had us sign at check in . They knew exactly where to look and what side to pull us up on to make the trap. I immediately told them I had already seen their previous complaint and they were quick to back pedal out of their scam. It was a terrible end to such a great day on the lake. The only reason I am even telling the story is so it does not happen to someone else. I am sure to revisit this wonderful area again and just sad that we won't be able to rent a boat on this fun lake.

28  Thank MLM777
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The owner of the cabin in the blue Ridge mountain in Morgantown In GA was very rude from start to finish. He felt like he didn't wanna be bothered and talked to me like I was dumb or something just because I didn't agree with him on a certain issue. Hung up the phone and didn't answer after that. I think that is rude when someone paid you to stay in your establishment and if you feel like that he shouldn't be renting his cabin out on holiday weekends if he is not available to answer questions. He didn't have any care or concern for the guest and the issues that the guest had for staying on his property during a holiday! I think that is very rude for someone that has paid to stay on your property. I think he needs better customer service skills! It makes me not want to ever rent with him again and on my next trip I will be staying somewhere else!

5  Thank kamigirl02
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We completed the 7+ mile hike and it was beautiful. The rating by the Forest Service was moderate-difficult. I agree with that! From the very start, you make a steep climb to the top of the mountain and follow the ridge. The hike is a loop and you return on the Forest Service Road which must have been the moderate part. The area surrounding the swinging bridge is beautiful with huge Mountain Laurels and Rhododendrons. The river views from the bridge are stunning. There is a nice little stream coming into the river close to the bridge. The bridge is not scary to walk across. You can take the easy route by driving the Forest Service Road and parking 1/4 mile from the bridge. If you walk the 7+ mile loop, you might want to plan on 4 - 5 hours if you want to spend some time at the bridge. If you drive to it, you can see everything in less than an hour. It would be a nice place for a picnic lunch.

10  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Blue Ridge Mountains are an incredibly beautiful and wonderful area to explore and enjoy. From the most excellent motorcycling roads in the country to great places to hike and explore nature's finest, the Blue Ridge offers it all.
My children have grown up hiking the many trails, visiting waterfalls, mountain tops, and navigating along streams and cliffsides, we have taken advantage of these old and majestic mountains, the small towns, as well as the hidden coves and bald top mountains.

1  Thank Ernbo6