“The U.P. experience”
Review of Upper Peninsula

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is a beautiful place we stayed at the Tahquamenon Hotel in Hulbert MI. It is a perfect distance from the main attractions in the UP. It is right in the middle of Newberry and the Sue Locks and not to mention 20 minutes from Paradise and the Falls. Great place and great owners. Visit Oswald’s bear Ranch and. Whitefish point is beautiful too! Love the UP

14  Thank SarahBrunsman

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been going to the U.P. since I was a kid. And still to this day it makes me feel so amazing! There is so much to do there and see. If you love nature and lakes and just feeling relaxed,the U.P. is for you! Some people don't like the bugs,but hey, your in the middle of the woods,so take bug spray. If you are too much of a city person, then this place is not for you. I go to Curtis, Michigan and stay at the Sunset Pines resort. I love it here, fishing, old cabins, and beautiful south manistique lake. It's about a hour west once you hit the Mackinaw bridge. I love driving on Rt 2 on the shore of Lake Michigan. You can park your car there and walk the beach,or swim. There is no place in the world I would rather spend my vacation. I hope to retire there someday!! I will be heading there in June again this year!

13  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It's a peak year for Northern Lights and the summer is supposed to be hot and dry. Now is your chance to rent a cottage up north and enjoy it for all the beautiful waterfalls and scenery, both day and night. The stars and the sky are so clear and it is so calm and relaxing...make a trip up north to Michigan's UP, you won't regret it.

8  Thank aschnllr
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I live in the Upper Peninsula and it's great. It's a wonderful place to raise a family. It's beautiful up here, the lakes, beaches, trees, etc. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have alot of choices in restaurants, malls and other things that a big city has to offer but we can always go visit a city!! We do have mosquitos (some years worse than others) and alot of snow but we don't have hurricanes or earthquakes. It's a great place to live or visit.

8  Thank MstqMI
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have driven across and visited the UP before, but last week did a 2 day drive in the Keweenau; just beautiful! We drove along Lake Superior on Five Mile Road and loved the views, up to Copper Harbor and then back south through Houghton, Baraga and L'Anse to Marquette. Highly recommend if you have never made the trip!

14  Thank FLWfan