“NIOBRARA RIVER RANCH IS THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY!!!”
Review of Niobrara River

Niobrara River
Ranked #122 of 472 things to do in Nebraska
Nebraska City, Nebraska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“NIOBRARA RIVER RANCH IS THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have a large group of women stay with Lee, "the fiesty cowboy" as we like to call him, at his NRR cabins every year. We have had as few as 5 and up to 17 one year. 6 years now to be exact and we will NEVER go with any one else! We have stayed in 4 different cabins of his and they have all been beautiful and clean. They are completely stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, cooking utensils, pots, pans, coffee pots, microwaves, stove, fridge, AC, Satellite TV's, towels....ANYTHING YOU WOULD NEED! The first year with him we did not have a grill outside and all it took was a call to Lee and he personally delivered one to us within 30 minutes time. . Lee and his crew are amazing and easy to work with. Lee sets up pick up time to float and they are ALWAYS on time....the drivers have always been helpful and friendly. They put us into the river and are there to pick us up and take us back to the cabin on time. When Lee comes to collect for the tube fees after the float day, he is always sure to have a copy of your signed contract. He reviews all the charges and when business is complete.....he like to sit and visit a bit about where you are from, what you do, what you enjoyed and take suggestions to make your stay better. We never have any of the later because they do an amazing job already. It is the most relaxing trip I have ever had and will continue to go every year if Lee will have us back. Way to go Lee....you and your crew are TOP NOTCH to the Nebraska City girls!

7 Thank Brenda T

Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Niobrara River Ranch”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family and I just spend a wonderful three days at the Niobrara River Ranch. Lee, the owner, was more than accommodating and pleasant. We stayed in the Oak log cabin which was exceptionally clean and very nice with a great view. Tubing was a lot of fun however, we would recommend the four hour which will take at least 5. The right amount of time if you have children. What a beautiful area with so much to do. I would highly recommend the ranch to anyone. Patty B

3 Thank pabond
nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome time”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my husband and my's first visit. However the party of 13 have been making this trip 8 years now. Our cabin was beautiful. When I walked in the cabin, I could smell "clean". Great first impression! Our float trip was flawless. They help you load all of your coolers ( we had 5 or 6). One of our friends didn't feel well and decided that he shouldn't continue so one of the workers gave him a ride back to our cabin. Lee assured us that he would check in on him throughout the day :) Lee didn't charge him for his tube. Our pickup was on time & again super helpful & friendly. The beds are super comfortable. Highend appliances. Our cabin had 2 microwaves & 2 stoves all stainless steel. Our cabin literally looked brand new. Our ONLY complaint was that the coons got into our trash in the night. Lee was friendly & very accommodating. He sat and visited and had coffee with us when he came to collect our checks & we rebooked for next year :) I believe we were in the Oak cabin. It was the 5 bedroom cabin.

1 Thank soccermom33Nebraska
Hebron, NE
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Niobrara River Tubing Hints”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

(This review has nothing to do with the Niobrara River Ranch - just tubing the river itself.)
We tubed down the Niobrara River at Valentine, NE, for the first time ever. It was amazing. We used Brewer's Canoers and Tubers in Valentine to rent the tubes.(Very friendly people - I would recommend them as your outfitter) We chose the 6-hour Berry Bridge to Stan's Landing (Fritz Island) Out and Back, which means they pick you up at your hotel, they take you to Berry Bridge, where you get your tubes, and they pick you and the tubes up at Stan's Landing. This way, you don't have to coordinate your own vehicles. On the way there, the bus goes through the Refuge, so we saw buffalo and elk.
We had 10 adults and one 11-year-old. Have your coolers packed before they pick you up.
At Berry Bridge, they connect the tubes together (the max is 10), and since we had 11 people, we found that having one in the middle to put our stuff on was quite handy. We rented 3 cooler tubes, and you do need to have a hard side 48-52 qt cooler for this to work. We took sandwiches, sliced summer sausage, cheese, and other snacks, which we did eat. (You work up an appetite on the water!). We planned for a 12 pack of beer for each person who was drinking because you don't want to run out; often, there's no place to stop/place is closed if you want to buy more. We also had plenty of water, Gatorade, and pop. We did buy a dry box at the Brewer's office in Valentine, and that was great and necessary. We took a couple towels and a trash bag to put our shirts in; you will also want a trash bag for your garbage. We had music from our phone and a little speaker; it was nice to have playing. Sunscreen is essential; we reapplied several times on a sunny day. Just as necessary are water shoes, and be prepared for bumps and scrapes. The boys took a football and had fun playing several times as we stopped. Kids 13 and under are required to wear a life jacket.
I would not recommend taking any babies or young kids. I would think an 8-year-old would be cutting it close. They would probably get bored after a while, and while it isn't dangerous, it is a river with all the inherent dangers. Older kids would get much more out of this, and it isn't relaxing if you are worried about your kid drowning.
**Don't take your beer/alcohol on shore. You can only have alcohol on the river.**
Stop at Smith Falls, which is a bit off the river to the right, right before Smith Fall's Bridge. Climb into the chilly water, and to the right of the falls, there is a cleft in the rocks. You can crawl through this and out to the falls; had not a stranger shown my son this, we would have never known. It is incredible. Have someone on the bridge take pictures of your group.
Another larger waterfall is further down the river, past Sharp's Landing, It is to the right of the river, also; look for the steps. You have to walk back to this one as well, but it is cool, too.
You do have time to stop every once in a while to swim, eat, play, etc. Everyone waves to each other as they pass by, which is fun.
I hope I have given some tips that are helpful; these are all things I didn't know before we went, and I hope this helps out other Niobrara tubing virgins!

Visited July 2014
27 Thank HuskersRule
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“BEWARE OF LEE”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The owner, LEE is a joke. My friend and I were tenting down by the river while my family was renting his biggest cabin....one day we get back from tubing/kayaking and noticed my friends brand new bike is gone. Long story short, Lee...the owner, took it thinking we were squatters not paying and he took the bike for collateral. We looked all around and went to Valentine to file a missing report. Next day we meet a some people and we asked them if they seen anybody take a bike, they said Lee took it. We got the bike back...but seriously? We were probably his highest paying customers that week...you DONT DO THAT!! If you take something for collateral then leave a note saying you have it. If it wasn't for those people we met then we would've never known he had the bike. Needless to say, we will NEVER be back because of this...which is a shame because its really a gorgeous area....too bad it has to be ruined by shady business practices.

Visited June 2014