“Most extraordinary place on earth!!!”
Review of Wild Horse Safaris

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nevada
Wild Horse Safaris
Ranked #24 of 147 Speciality Lodging in Nevada
GreenLeadersBronze level
Watsontown, Pennsylvania
“Most extraordinary place on earth!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. The couple who own the ranch are some of the most increditable people on earth. The food was excellant. If you are looking for someplace to relax this is the best place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moongazer1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Our visit to the Horse-n-Fly Ranch was one of the most incredible experiences in our lives. I can only describe it as my "religious" experience - not literally, but figuratively because of the magnificent scenery, the peacefulness of the surroundings, the awesome views of the stars at night from the best hot tub in the west, the wonderful people, and the interactions with nature. Rebecca and Jerry are two of the most caring and fun people anyone could want to meet. They welcome you into their home as if you have known them forever. They treat you just like family members which is so special. The horseback riding takes you to incredible heights and views and the balloon rides are just as exciting. Thanks Rebecca and Jerry, can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snowracer
Winnemucca
Reviewed 8 September 2007

I enjoy the quiet solitude of the Intermountain West and have stayed many places in search of that. I have stayed in Midas, Unionville, Manhattan, Gerlach, Fields OR, and LaHood MT as of recent times. I have no complaints. However nothing can top the peace, pleasure and serenity I found at the Horse N Fly Ranch. The stone cabin, pond and sun/moonrises/sunsets felt like my own. I am a music lover, but felt as though listening to my own music would have been sacrilege. Nothing could compete with the soundtrack of the high desert and vistas of Nevada's Monitor Valley/Ike's Canyon. If you are looking for some good soul/mind therapy this is the place-if you are looking for bright lights, noise and distraction this isn't the place.

Rebecca was both generous and gracious in accommodating our every need. Our meals were hearty, homemade and full of vitality. Thank you for the memories.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank staggert
San Ramon, CA
Reviewed 28 June 2007

I was lucky enough to draw a late season elk tag in Nevada's Monitor Range. Great People! Fantastic Food! We had an awesome trip staying with Jerry and Rebecca especially when the temperatures dropped during our elk hunt. I would recommend the Horse N Fly Ranch to all my friends.

Stayed November 2006
2 Thank gjk_7
Atlanta
Reviewed 12 June 2007

My spouse and I recently returned from our second stay at the Horse-N-Fly Ranch. We stayed there last year for three days, and absolutely loved it. The location in Monitor Valley, Nevada is about a 4 hour drive out from Las Vegas, but the remote location brought us to a breathtaking area surrounded by mountains. We were quickly put at ease by our hosts. Jerry and Rebecca run this working ranch. They gave us plenty of space but were always ready to take us on a trail ride, hike and take pictures, or just show us around the area. We stayed in the renovated stone cabin, and could hear the coyotes at night!
The trail rides with the two ranch dogs and two hilarious goats in tow took us high into the mountains. We had campfires in the evening and loved being surrounded by the animals in such a beautiful place. Jerry and Rebecca are gracious hosts and wonderful people.
This year, we were excited to revisit the ranch for some horseback riding and relaxation. We stayed in the log ranch house with very comfortable accommodations. The incredible sunsets and mountain vistas are definitely worth the drive. Jerry took us hiking and helped us take great pictures of the rock formations and mountains. The picture of us standing on top of a huge rock (that we only got to with Jerry's help and encouragement!) is one we'll treasure always. Rebecca and Jerry also took us trail riding in some different areas that we hadn't seen before, with some fascinating historic lore.
If you're looking for a relaxed retreat that can be tailored to what you'd like to do in this beautiful area, I highly recommend the Horse-N-Fly Ranch.

• Liked — The location, ranch setting, and comraderie with our hosts.
  • Disliked — The four hour drive back to Las Vegas.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cyclegirl42
Israel
Reviewed 20 May 2007

While on a road trip around the west coast we decided to check out Belmont - a ghost town. Luckily it was the best decision we made in that trip.

We met there Jerry and Rebecca who invited us to stay in the Ranch. With a rental we drove 40 miles in total darkness on a dirt road and found this amazing place.

Jerry and Rebecca are amazing people, and their hospitality is even more. They took us horseback riding, Tour around the hills, to dip in
a natural hot spring under a full moon and we even went with the wind
in a hot air balloon.

Amazing place, Amazing people, Recommended!

• Liked — The Hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of!
  • Stayed August 2005, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Mik0
All Over
Reviewed 19 May 2007

My husband and I stayed here and had the most spectacular time. Jerry and Rebecca are the perfect hosts and make sure your stay is a memorable one! We enjoyed a hot air balloon ride, my husbands first time for that. We checked out some great landscapes, hiking and by truck and horseback. The stars at night at the hot tub are the most vibrant and bright as I have ever seen them. The small towns that are within a couple of hours of the ranch are great to check out. This is a great place to go for groups, couples, and families. I can't wait to get back again. You will not want to go home once you get here! My husband says "Its a Blast".

• Liked — The vast multitude of things to do!
  • Disliked — Having to Leave!
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple