“Strange surrounding but fun night!”
Review of Times Scare NYC

Times Scare NYC
Ranked #234 of 743 Concerts & Shows in New York
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Me and the girlfriend ended up in here out of curiosity to see what it was. When you walk through the front door it's definitely a bit freaky with Skeletons and Zombies all over the wall. As you get upstairs though there is a bar with a seating area and a stage. The night I went there was a drag queen called Shequida performing and can honestly say I couldn't stop laughing. There is a 2 drink minimum policy but drinks are reasonably priced so its not bad. I would definitely go back when I'm next in the City but this time I would also do the Haunted House attraction they have as well.

1  Thank Kyle D

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Had some drinks at the bar and the bartender was great, friendly and super nice. We got tickets for the haunted house which was so fun and scary. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Kjgaebel
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Hi. I am a native New Yorker living in New Jersey right now.Our 12 year old son wanted to see Times Scare. I was skeptical- I am New Yorker- have been to haunted house attractions all over, including London Dungeon- THAT was scary!! So I wasn't sure this would be scary 'enough.!" Alas, it was! We didn't feel it was overpriced for a Times Square attraction- it was $27 for adults and $22 for kids 12 and under.They take you in in groups of 5 or six. It is scary- the two big things here are the DARKNESS and the LOUD noises!! There are real people doing the scaring, not mannequins. The whole thing takes about 20 minutes. It's a one time thing but we felt it was worth it. There is a restaurant and bar attached but we did not eat there. It was definitely a fun thing to do but not if you have kids less than 10 years old or older if they scare easily.

2  Thank Marian S
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We started off at the bar having a couple of drinks. The bartender was awesome. We went during Christmas time so the place was eerily decorated. The stocking were hung by meat hooks. Outside the bar area was a coffin and real gurneys. We decided to take the haunted tour. It was $27.00 and the bartender gave us a $5.00 off coupon. There was 6 girls going through at one time. I almost crapped my pants. I was so scarred. The actors, flickering lights and babies crying was too much for me to handle. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Right at the end, I fell and sprained my ankle! It was definitely an experience, but I will never do it again!

2  Thank Lisa J
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2013

my wife and I went thru times scare for Halloween,I was bummed,they jacked the price up for Halloween we payed 90 bucks per couple to walk thru instead of the 70 bucks posted,and it wasn't all that scary. We went to jeckell and hyde clubs chamber of horrors only a couple of blocks and it was way better and only 50 bucks per couple. With that said, the bar was fun and we had the satans sliders and they were good,but we probably wont go back.

1  Thank islandlover92