“Palm-sized Panfish”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #1,915 of 2,781 things to do in Pennsylvania
More attraction details
Owner description: Small pond popular among fishermen for its abundant pickerel fish.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I grew up (weekends with Dad) going fly fishing here and catching panfish as big as my hand is NOW (and I'm a pretty big fellow). Yes there are weeds and undergrowth,... yes there are clumps of blueberry patches rising above the water and, yes, this is where these fish love to be.
If you can't fish it then maybe you should go back to NYC where you can get them at a market.

6  Thank Lamprey I

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

My brother had a confirmed reservations, woke up early, drove 150 miles and this Bozo did not show up. Not even a call. I am talking M. I. A. Totally a yahoo operation. Charles, you broke our hearts and this could have been the beginning of a beautiful relationship. So rather than pecks pond, we renamed it Pricks pond. Do not patronage this unprofessional outfit!

6  Thank Jose M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have a cabin at Pecks Pond, Please for all you fisherman, who think your fisherman, stay away,I love it, weedless worm, no problem,I can catch fish all day,and DCNR has a plan for cleaning the lake, Please stay away when its clean, maybe Quit fishing an put your efforts to cleaning it ,you Might be better at that, But I don't think so. Think about it! Love you negative people. Steve

5  Thank Steven L
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have been going to Pecks Pond for years. It seems like the other two reviews were written by people who can't deal with mother nature and what she has to offer. Yeah, the pond is a little overgrown, only around the banks. But what this creates is a whole other habitat for fish, frogs and other little creatures. In the morning, when the sun is just starting to come up, launch your boat and head to the northern point of the pond. There you will find large mouth bass, pickerel, and not through my experiences but from a reliable source you will be able to find muskie. The pond has a lot to offer. Otters make pecks pond their home and have been seen from time to time. Take a look up at the sky and you will be sure to see the many osprey that roam the area. Pecks Pond is a great place to fish. You just have to know a little about fishing and nature.

6  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I had driven past pecks pond in winter thought it would be a good place to fish so scheduled a day to take my daughter bass fishing. We made an apt with roger to meet at 6am, he didn't show till almost 630. Then the lake is a giant weed mess couldn't even use trolling motor no clear water anywhere on lake weeds up to surface every where had to row for 3 miles tried everything in my arsenal pulling up nothing but weeds left frustrated three hours later. Went two miles away to promised land state park and limited out in five hours.... Do not go here to fish this is a dying lake, I'm sure there are fish but invasive weeds have taken over and made it disgusting.

4  Thank Lewis863

Been to Pecks Pond? Share your experiences!