“Absolutely Fascinating”

Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We spent a whole day here. The introductory tour is a must as it helps you get a good orientaton of the overall museum. This place is a must for any history buff.

1  Thank Quiet-Pair

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Wish I would of had about 4 more hours to spend there! Really liked the room full of newspapers and the 9/11 exhibit was very moving.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This museum wasn't on the top of my list for visiting DC, but I was pleasantly surprised when we went! A great history of the US told through the eyes of the media.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wow, plan to spend several hours here. There are 6 floors of news events and special displays. I felt I had to move on since I was in a group, but it was amazing.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I wasn't going to go to the Newseum because it wasn't free like everything else in D.C. Thanks Goodness I decided to go! What a great venue! They actually have the antenna from the south tower of the World Trade Center on display. That was truly mesmerizing. In the same room, they have front cover newspapers from around the world featuring the 9/11 attacks. It really brought it all back to life.

As a part of our convention, we also got to have dinner on top of the Newseum. It was fabulous! I can't wait to visit here again!

1  Thank Kim B

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!