“Dont miss this one!!!”

Ranked #17 of 466 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had a few hours to spare and decided to check this out. I absolutely loved it and ended up staying over 3 hours and had to drag myself away. Each floor is so interesting and informative and you find yourself wanting to read everything, which is rare for a museum. I particularly loved the short film on the lower ground floor on the history of sport in the media, so interesting. Also the film on 9/11 in which everyone sat crying, understandably, and so interesting to see it from a journalists view. They have a huge piece of the Berlin wall and every front cover of newspapers major headlines that you can think of. The outside walkway view of the surrounding area on floor 5 was stunning too! There was nothing to fault and I would go back again!

1  Thank Ali24
Write a ReviewReviews (7,791)
All reviews
"fbi exhibit"
in 244 reviews
"consecutive days"
in 226 reviews
"pulitzer prize winning photos"
in 197 reviews
in 142 reviews
"interactive exhibits"
in 196 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing! No wonder your ticket is for two days. You can view for hours, Pulitzer Prize pictures, G-men. 911, Boston Marathon, sports etc Each floor is intense, brings you through history through pictures, newspapers, television & radio. Then the view of Washington DC and the Capital -Pennsylvania Avenue was breathtaking. They produce and display the front page of major newspapers from around the world. Thoroughly enjoyable for all ages

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I visited this place with my family based upon other reviews, and I have to say that I was still pleasantly surprised with the amazing exhibits there are. Dedicated to the First Amendment, The Newseum is a place where our history is preserved - through the eyes of the press and our media. From a section of the Berlin Wall, to the 9/11 exhibit, to even the Unabomber's actual cabin, this place was simply amazing. We spent a couple of hours here, and we still didn't get to see everything - the sign of a great museum. In fact, no sooner had we left then we wanted to return. Do not miss this place. Ranks up there with the Smithsonians and the Holocaust museum for being one of the best I've ever been to.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was, hands down, the best museum in DC. Granted, I am a bit of a news junkie, but it was amazing! Everything to do with the news, since reporting the news began, is represented. 15 theaters and 15 displays, plus 7 floors of exhibits! I spent all day, and had to go back the next day to finish. Fortunately, your ticket is good for 2 days, and our hotel had $5 discount passes for it. All in all, a wonderful place to spend at least one day of your vacation.