“So glad we went!”

Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently went to the Newseum for the first time. We all loved it, including my 11 and 7 year old children. Actually, they ranked it at the top of their list for favorite DC places visited.

I have a degree in journalism (although didn't enter the field), and my husband and I both are history/political junkies. We spent 5 hours in this museum, and I know we could have spent more. I wasn't sure what to expect, but they've done a great job at weaving in journalistic history with the history of our nation and world. It's not just a place about great journalists, but about how journalism has influenced our lives, events, etc.

It also has a great café run by Wolfgang Puck. We eat healthy, and I was thrilled to see the better than average salad bar and plenty of non burger/fries/chicken finger choices (although those are available). Of course, museum dining is always pricy, but at least it wasn't junk.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great museum, is the first I visit that focuses on news. The collection of objects is amazing going from pieces of the Berlin wall to one of the antennas from the World trade center.

Cool section on the movie "The Anchorman" if you like the movie, also great display of front page news dating from the 1800.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Newseum is a must see when visiting DC. Staff great, layout and directions easy to follow so you don't miss anything. For this history buff I was totally impressed. Top marks!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had no idea what to expect, but this was highly recommended by friends and colleagues. This place is very interesting and informative. Unfortunately, our time management was not the best and we had only two hours; that's not nearly enough time to see everything.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been to the Newseum several times and enjoyed each visit. There is a piece of the Berlin Wall and some of the most amazing photos from events around the world. The 9/11 Gallery is incredibly moving and it is fun to check out the headlines of the papers the across the country.

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!