“Awesome”

Creme Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Creme Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,240 of 3,236 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: U Street Corridor
Transit: Closest Metro Station is U Street, Cardozo, (exit 13th street), easily accessible from the Green & Yellow lines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Place is great.., food and service are always really good. Atmosphere n decor are also really nice. Good job

New Jersey
“Nice Brunch”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I originally intended to eat a late dinner at this place, but it was after 10 and the owner indicated their kitchen was closed. So, I decided to come back for brunch as I read it was their strong point. We ate here on 7/1/12 right before we left D.C. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles, since I never had it before. My husband ordered The Chesapeake, which was a poached egg on crabcake on a muffin I believe. Everything was delish, but it may have been the excessive amount of salt used to season the dishes. They weren't overly salted, but you could tell there was a fair amount. My chicken was fried well, but it lost some juiciness and was dry. For a side, we ordered potatoes. Again, salty but also greasy. For a breakfast/brunch, in conjunction with my chicken and waffles, it felt a little heavy. I liked the place. It was cozy and our server, Nikki (sp?) was really sweet. She told us about the specials, mimosas and bloody marys (the breakfast drinks of champions, lol), and was just very pleasant.

• Visited July 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Chicken&Waffles, Chicken&Waffles, Chicken & Waffles!!!!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have had the distinct pleasure of visiting various establishments to enjoy Chicken and Waffles over the past 3 decades. However, the best to date is Creme's weekend brunch. The chicken is decadent, seasoned to perfection and crisp! The waffles are light, fresh and lightly sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. The syrup added = a trifecta of sublime, palatable ingestion. My mom. sister and nephew loved the food. The abiance was great also. I highly suggest Creme for a magnificent and filling weekend Brunch! We arrived at 10:30 am on a Saturday with no wait for a party of four. The service was great too.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sageycakes
Cleveland, Ohio
“Brunch and Love”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Our first visit to DC and we decided to have brunch at an Ethopian restaurant.
Great decision. The food was fabulous. I recommend the french toast with banana foster sauce.

Washington Dc
“Unbelievable food-rich and full of flavor!”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I don't think it's often that I "highly" recommend a place unless I really enjoyed what I ate and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I am also not often a fan of American food, but I love the food here. The one word I always used to describe the food I eat here is "rich". The food is well prepared and I tend to always have meat when I go here, so I can't give you any insight on the salmon or other dishes.

It is a narrow place with seats on one side and the bar and kitchen on the other side. There is a small area in the front with tall stools and I think depending on the crowd, that area only hosts those eating dinner or could seat those who just want to chill and drink.

The atmosphere is smooth and modern and I enjoy myself everytime I go. It is in the U street corridor, so parking is always a hassle, but it is a block or 2 from the U street metro. Finish off dinner with some hot tea and I hope you enjoy your meal.

• Visited October 2010