“Good food, service, and location!”

Creme Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Creme Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,274 of 3,299 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: U Street Corridor
Transit: Closest Metro Station is U Street, Cardozo, (exit 13th street), easily accessible from the Green & Yellow lines
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I was happy to find out about Creme Cafe through an awesome deal on GroupOn. Located centrally on U St., it's a cute and cozy restaurant right in the midst of one of D.C.'s most popular hang out spots. I had a pretty good steak; the spinach that accompanied it had too many onions in it, but nonetheless a fulfilling meal. The prices aren't too high -- what you'd expect for the location. I would have loved to hear the band that was setting up as we were leaving, so I might have to return one evening!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We came here for brunch before the homecoming step show and we hit the brunch rush. The hostess didn't really seem to have a process so we had to hound her to make sure no one skipped us. We still wound up eating at the bar but the food was SO good. This steak was perfectly cooked and it made up for the wait and dizzy hostess, lol.

Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Place is great.., food and service are always really good. Atmosphere n decor are also really nice. Good job

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I originally intended to eat a late dinner at this place, but it was after 10 and the owner indicated their kitchen was closed. So, I decided to come back for brunch as I read it was their strong point. We ate here on 7/1/12 right before we left D.C. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles, since I never had it before. My husband ordered The Chesapeake, which was a poached egg on crabcake on a muffin I believe. Everything was delish, but it may have been the excessive amount of salt used to season the dishes. They weren't overly salted, but you could tell there was a fair amount. My chicken was fried well, but it lost some juiciness and was dry. For a side, we ordered potatoes. Again, salty but also greasy. For a breakfast/brunch, in conjunction with my chicken and waffles, it felt a little heavy. I liked the place. It was cozy and our server, Nikki (sp?) was really sweet. She told us about the specials, mimosas and bloody marys (the breakfast drinks of champions, lol), and was just very pleasant.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have had the distinct pleasure of visiting various establishments to enjoy Chicken and Waffles over the past 3 decades. However, the best to date is Creme's weekend brunch. The chicken is decadent, seasoned to perfection and crisp! The waffles are light, fresh and lightly sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. The syrup added = a trifecta of sublime, palatable ingestion. My mom. sister and nephew loved the food. The abiance was great also. I highly suggest Creme for a magnificent and filling weekend Brunch! We arrived at 10:30 am on a Saturday with no wait for a party of four. The service was great too.

1  Thank Sageycakes