“Best Coffe in DC!”

Cuisines: Cafe
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Best Coffe in DC!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place is hands-down, the best coffee shop in DC. All of the beans are roasted in-house, and every Sunday at 2 there is a special Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. The garden in the back is a perfect oasis from the hustle and bustle of H Street. I find myself coming here often to get work done. While their food selections are a bit limited, the sandwiches are quite delicious. They also serve cookies from Captain Cookie and the Milk Man - one of my favorite food trucks!

• Visited July 2014

maryland
“Great coffee”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Love this little neighborhood coffee shop. Best coffee and such nice people. Don't know why anyone would go to a chain with a place like this around.

Visited October 2013
Brookline
“H Street Coffee Shop”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Long comatose H Street in Washington D.C. has been resurrected, complete with remarkable restaurants, theaters, dance studios, yoga studios and more. One of the oldest "newcomers" to the corridor is Sidamo at # 417. This tiny cafe offers a huge selection of excellent coffee, roasted daily in the store, teas, sandwiches, soups, salads, juices, breakfast treats. Don't miss the terrace out back!

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC
“Great outdoor patio - don't be in a rush though...”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Sidamo's is two blocks from my office, and while I am not a coffee drinker, I love their teas. You don't get a cup of tea with a bag in it but a pot brewing with your tea selection! It is excellent tea. I have purchased their pounds of coffee for my coffee loving friends and was greatly enjoyed by them.

There is a great outdoor patio area through the backdoor. It feels a bit like you are entering the secret garden. The thing I have learned at Sidamo's is to call my order ahead of time, if I am in a rush. Quickly getting things to you is not their virtue.

• Visited August 2012
Vienna, Virginia
“Got the wrong sandwich.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I'm not sure what happened, but I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. The cashier thought I said chicken salad sandwich but I clarified and she made the correction on the ticket, but I ended up getting the chicken salad sandwich still. The sandwich was pretty decent and I have had their coffee before and it is good, but getting the wrong sandwich after clarifying which one I wanted (and paying the higher price) knocks two stars off what would probably have been a four-star rating.

• Visited July 2012