“Never Go to Harry's”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Well it was my first restaurant I went to in my first visit to DC. Service was crappy, staff were rude, and Management could care less. Oh and by the way is you or your companion/family member has a disability of any kind they are not ADA compliant and could care less about accommodations for wheelchairs. Stay away as far as possible from this restaurant.

2  Thank Maureen W

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stopped after a long Trolley day through DC to rest our legs and get a snack. We shared calamari, salads, & steamed vegetables. The iced tea was fresh and the beer was cold. We sat outside and watched people pass by.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

$13 for a lobster roll? Are you kidding me? I must be only getting a small amount of lobster.....lobster roll arrived and I could barely see the bun. My mother couldn't even finish her grilled cheese from the kids menu. Good food, great price and great service......great beer too:)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This place is a bit of a dive with a run down feel inside. Outside is the place to sit if the weather allows.

Having said that, the burgers were fantastic and the portions huge! Even the "smaller" burger was big. Also had the BBQ beef sandwich which had enough beef for two or three hoagies.
Did see a few orders of Lobster rolls go out (after I ordered of course) so ask if they are available.
For downtown DC with big portions, come here

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Service was TERRIBLE!! Our waiter ( Ben ) who lied about his name when I asked was RUDE. If we didn't eat there 2 nights before and had great service and great food, we would have left. But since we did we thought we should give him a chance. We ordered water which he didn't seem happy about we did ask for a wine list, that never
came. After he took our order we didn't see him for 20 minutes. Our food was delivered by someone else, my sons steak was over cooked, our chili fries were cold, we needed napkins and more water. He finally came back when he saw my son get us water and napkins from the bus tray near by. He was flustered and anger he started picking up our plates that we were still eating from. I told him about the steak, he mumbled and walked away. We didn't quite know what to do. A few minutes later a gentleman came over to talk to us about the over cooked steak (probably a manager, he didn't introduce himself) and took care if it. When the bill came I had left enough to cover our tab, little tip. When we walked away my son heard him say "go go
away" I asked what he said and he started to hand my son 2 dollars saying, "here you need this more than I do" I took the money asked my son to leave. No adult should be talking to a little boy that way. I asked him his name he replied, "it's private, what are you going to write a review" I walked over to the host and he told me his name, when I was leaving he was yelling that he had half the restaurant to wait on. I should have talked to the manager it was obvious he needed a break or a lesson on politeness.

2  Thank Hollyonthego