“Perfect treat for a hot day!”

Thomas Sweet Ice Cream
Ranked #10 of 86 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
“Perfect treat for a hot day!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

After wandering around Georgetown we were happy to find this place. You couldn't ask for a wider icecream selection. The Oreo & peanut butter cup flavors were great, but pralines & cream really stole the show!

• Turkish first
Miami, Florida
“Best Cookies of my Life !!!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

A must go in DC. They have the best cookies I have ever tried ! I was three days here and I visit them every day and today I bought a lot of cookies for home ! I'll miss this delicious place !!

• Visited April 2014
“THE place to stop for Ice Cream”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

While wandering around Georgetown during our vacation, we once again relied on Tripadvisor to help us with an ice cream craving. It's like gastro-geocaching... When you first walk in, the menu and the options looks daunting. We were there during a weekday afternoon and it was busy but we were served quickly. The soft serve was good, the cookie monster, coconut & butter brickle were awesome. Like some of the other reviewers, we walked past a cupcake place with a line down the block but were SO glad we stopped here.

• Visited August 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Is it crazy to walk with an ice cream cone when it's snowing?”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was walking around Georgetown on a freezing Saturday night. I thought it would be great to stop in somewhere for a Hot Toddy. Then I came up on Thomas Sweets and thought I would just stop in to warm up and look around.
Just looking is not an option in the face of so many delicious flavors of ice cream.
One good think - when I went back into the cold my cone didn't melt too fast.
Good variety of ice cream and chocolates. Great quality and friendly service.

Visited December 2013
Corrales, NM
“Coconut, bittersweet chocolate, pure deliciousness”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We came to meet a friend here while visiting D.C. We had a few tastes while waiting and we were very impressed. We bought a cup of the coconut and the bittersweet chocolate to share, and then the kids bought one more cup of each for themselves. This ice cream is outstanding and well worth the visit.

Visited July 2013