“If I could hear better, it would be excellent”

Library of Congress
Private Moonlight DC City Tour by Van
US$156.00*
Four Hour Private DC Highlight Tour by Van
More attraction details
Owner description: Though the Library of Congress doesn't own every book ever published, it sure has most of them, with 532 miles of shelves and 115 million items, with 7,000 added each working day.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a true treasure. If you go to your local library, go here. We had an older gentleman as our tour guide who did a very good job. It was also pretty easy to hear his big voice, but given the location and the large number of people milling around, I hope they change over to a walkie-talkie system like the Capital tour has soon. I don't think I would have gotten nearly as much out of going to the Library of Congress if I hadn't done the tour.

1  Thank CorgiOrchid
Write a ReviewReviews (7,587)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The tour guide was INCREDIBLE!!! She gave us an appreciation of the the Library of Congress. The maps are extra special. Not to be missed.

1  Thank dnumme
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A helpful docent at the National Portrait Gallery told me that her ‘second favorite’ attraction in D.C. was the Library of Congress. On her recommendation I took the tour Monday morning and loved it. The building is spectacular. The architecture is amazing and the docents point out the peculiarities of the characters in each. I was particularly drawn to the Thomas Jefferson Collection as he is one of my favorite people in American History. The collection is displayed in a circular fashion in one wind of the Library and gives some insight into the mind of this great American Intellect and Leader.

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 15 May 2014

One of my favorite places in DC. There is a tunnel between the Capitol visitor center and the library.. Use it and you only go through security screening once.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our Library is absolutely beautiful. The tour is well worth the time to learn about our county's legacy of reading materials.