“Super! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #161 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
“Super! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Very tasty restaurant for those who love chicken! Sangria and cheesecake are good too. The ambiance and staff are friendly. !

• Indonesian first
Clarksboro, New Jersey
“Delicious food, mild to HOT, different kind of service, 4+1/2 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I had researched eateries on TripAdvisor prior to visiting DC. We read about Nando's Peri Peri and, since my hubby is a hot pepper 'connoisseur', we set-out to eat at Nando's. We were not disappointed in our choice. The atmosphere is relaxed and decorated in the spirit of the hot peppers with an artsy flare. The service was excellent, albeit a bit different from what we are accustomed. The hostess seated us and the server arrived very quickly after. The server provided menus and advised us that we place our orders at the counter, providing our table number, and when the order is ready the server will bring it to our table. So the servers do everything that servers in most other restaurants do, except take your order. Not bad, just different. The beverages were self-serve with free refills, which is ideal for me when eating spicy food. I ordered a mild mango-lime peri peri chicken pita which was fantastic. It had only a very mild heat with a terrific flavor. My husband ordered the grilled chicken breast with the hottest peri peri available. While he enjoyed the meal and it was extremely tasty, it was not quite as hot as he had hoped. Make no mistake, it was VERY hot. My husband is just used to eating food spiced with the some of the hottest peppers (ex: Bhut Jolokia), so his scale for heat is a bit more extreme than most people. Bottom line being that Nando's hottest peri peri is probably plenty hot for most people and, in addition to the heat, the food is VERY tasty.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A taste of South Africa..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

being in the US for 2 years now, really makes you miss the good food from your own country, so experiencing a taste from home (South Africa), definately made my trip worthwhile!
these wonderful spices and sauces makes nando's chicken unique, so if you in the area you should stop by and give it a taste.

• Visited April 2013
Houson, Texas
“Very Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

On a recent trip to visit my daughter who lives in DC...she took us to this restaurant in China Town. It is fun and has an interesting menu. My husband had a simply grilled chicken breast with the standard peri peri sauce and liked it. My daughter and I had her favorite meal-The Butternut Squash and Cous Cous Salad with sliced chicken. We used the Lemon Sauce and it was excellent. I hope to recreate this yummy meal at home.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My daughters wanted to go to Nandos because their favorite band One Direction eats Nandos. It was good. Everything is pretty spicy including the salad I ordered. You can order different levels of spicy. I didn't order any spice and it was hot. Luckily I like hot. The girls loved it. It was our least expensive meal in Washington.

Visited August 2013