“Ok, not what I expected. ”
Review of D.C. Ducks

and up
Washington DC Duck Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Make a splash in our Nation’s Capital aboard the DC Ducks, 1942 amphibious transport vehicles used to support and carry troops during World War II. Today they are a great way to see Washington by both land and sea. Winding our way first through the monuments, the Mall, the Capitol and museums of the Smithsonian before splashing into the Potomac and under the flight path at Reagan National Airport. Its fun for all ages!
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Our driver was great, very informative. He was also very good at pointing out good picture spots.

Most of the items pointed out on the tour are the Smithsonian Museum Buildings. I anticipated viewing the monuments and hearing information about them. We drove by the Lincoln Memorial and nothing was said about it. The ride on the river was ok, not much of interest to see.

Jerry M, General Manager at D.C. Ducks, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I was sorry to read that your tour did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our team so that we can make improvements to our tour and the guests' experience with us.

We do have a 100$ money back guarantee which is easily accessed from the customer service page of our website.

All reviews
"all ages"
in 26 reviews
"different perspective"

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our live guide Captain Rob would have been an excellent bus tour guide. His knowledge, personality, and sense of humor made the 90 minute tour fly by.

But the "Duck," an open sided amphibious World War II surplus truck, gave the superb tour an unforgettable twist and made the tour feel much more intimate than a bus tour would have been.

The in water part of the tour was truly enjoyable. We have taken similar "Duck" tours all over. The tour info may be the same, but the "Duck" makes it more fun.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Informative but disappointing. I have done several Duck tours which are supposed to be fun and interacting with music; props and of course the history but at times this tour was boring. It was $36.95 which was expense compared to the other Duck tours that I have done.

2  Thank Aflynn61
Jerry M, General Manager at D.C. Ducks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I was sorry to read that our DC Duck Tour did not measure up to those you have taken elsewhere. We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tours which you can access from the customer service pages of our website.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very happy with the tour portion of our DC Ducks. Captain Salim did a nice job narrating the sites and giving some historical background. It did make us a little nervous to have him driving, narrating AND fiddling with the radio to add in short musical clips, all while merging into 3 lanes of busy DC traffic. That's just too much multitasking if you ask me. The music wouldn't be missed. It's a longer tour than I would have liked (1.5+ hours), but you do feel like you get your money's worth.

BUT, the biggest thing is that the CONSTANT FUMES were awful. My family of 5 ALL left sick to our stomachs and it lasted throughout the evening. I have no idea why this isn't mentioned more often in reviews, because it would negatively influence the rest of your day. We are lucky enough to live local, so we just drove home and recovered on the couch. But, if you were planning a day of sight seeing, I would guess that it would ruin your day. I would never do another duck tour because of constantly inhaling all the fumes. Every person in my family had the same response and we were sitting in different parts of the boat. Just keep that in mind before booking.

And we were disappointed not to get the quackers for our children.

Thanks for sharing your experience about our tour. I will be sure to share your comments with Capt. Salim. I will also be review this with our maintenance crew so that we can get this situation fixed.

We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of tours, which can be found in the customer service area of our webiste.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2014

we took our grandson on the DC ducks early in August. Captain Bucky was a great tour guide. He told us things that past tour guides (we have taken the Duck tour before). My grandson has hear the story of the DC Ducks from us and was anticipating getting a quacker horn--but they had none to hand out. Very disapointed about this. Other then that-great trip--hard to pick DC Ducks and Hop on Hop Off-both will run you about $40 per adult so a little pricy.

No one is more disappointed about the quackers than we are. If you would send me a message with your mailing address, I will be sure we send you one for your grandson.