“The monument makes DC...”

Washington Monument
US$75.00*
Sunset Segway Tour of Washington DC
Ranked #20 of 454 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: The Washington Monument elevator is closed until spring 2019.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Washington Monument is part of downtown DC, you'll see it from every direction. Its a beauty during the day and spectacular at night. Its really beautiful during the 4th July fireworks as families comes from around the region to take in the fireworks display over the Washington monument.
Its picturesque. A sight to behold...

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

If you are in DC, a tour of the monument should definitely be on your list. I've seen it a million times but this was my first time going inside. At the top are great views of DC, Virginia, and Maryland. My favorite part of the tour was the elevator ride down. You get to see some of the stones donated by the different states. It's very impressive. Definitely get your tickets online in advance.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Other than Ranger Miller, the park rangers at the National Monument were rude and uninformative.
That said, my family has been to many, many of our National Parks all across our nation. The park rangers are usually friendly, informative and very helpful.
I bought tickets ahead of time. Our tickets were for 12:00. They were running behind and we did not get to go up until almost 1:00. Coming back out of the monument we had to wait another 1/2 hr. to get out.
It is a hassle to visit, but the views are worth it. I would recommend allocating a lot more time for visiting the Monument due to waiting to go up and coming back down.

1  Thank Traveln_Family04
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Interesting to see this icon of the Capitol. Great photos and nice to be able to sit and view the monument I did not inside but was very impressed by the outside.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were sad that we could not go into the monument since we didn't know about getting tickets early. While we were sitting out front just taking in the view and resting from our walk from the Lincoln Memorial, one of the rangers was very very rude forcing us to move from a PUBLIC bench so that tour ticket holders could sit there. I was there first. Other than that, it was cool to walk in the shadow of the monument.

1  Thank Bonniejean H