“A taste of French culture on our national mall”

National Gallery of Art
Book In Advance
More Info
US$49.00*
and up
Renegade Group Tour of the National Gallery of Art
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the world's greatest art museums is comprised of two buildings: one holds paintings from the 13th through the 18th centuries and the other exhibits modern art.
Kansas City, MO
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A taste of French culture on our national mall”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate here on Sunday and chose the buffet. That was good for us in that my granddaughter is not an adventurous eater but she did select a variety of items from the buffet and had a chance to eat things which she would never have selected from a menu. It was a bit more expensive than what we usually spent on lunch, but the surroundings were more elegant, the food presentation was appealing, and the service was top-notch. It is a fitting restaurant for a building filled with great art.

1 Thank Whitt

91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“some treasures...”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went to see the two new Van Goghs donated by the Melon family -- "Wheatfields" is a masterpiece to go with the VG self portrait and the postman's baby. Toulouse Lautrec is well represented, too.

Bridgetown, Barbados
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Place to Visit”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I feel in love from the moment I entered the building. I also met a gentleman there who captivated me. The collections were elitist and valuable for just a free entrance. I could have spent all day there. I will visit again when I go to DC for sure.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Need to go see!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was with my family, none of whom really like art that much so they only let me go look at the art for 20 minutes. I was able to see SO much. The layout is really nice and everything is contained in rooms. Not as big as the Met, but it made it easier to see a lot of really famous and beautiful works. I especially liked the Impressionism room. They had great works of Cezanne, Manet and Monet. Even if you only have 20 minutes like I did, I highly recommend going to see it. It's right near the national mall and a convenient walk to a lot of monuments and other museums. Must see!!!

1 Thank elenajones17
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spacious and Quiet Museum”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This particular museum is full of countless works of art, ranging from El Greco, Van Gogh, Monet, and Picasso. There is a surprising amount of art and many hours could be spent wondering its halls looking at the many works. The museum is also spacious, quiet, with few crowds even during peak tourist season. Rather you are an art person or not, it is worth it to pop in quickly, especially since the museum is free.

1 Thank Eddie N

Been to National Gallery of Art? Share your experiences!