“Fantastic!”

Ranked #11 of 454 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open area of gardens, fountains, trees and monuments stretching nearly two miles between the Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A must see. This is a great city to visit and the Mall is such a wonderful place to see everything. You don't need to walk everywhere just rent a bike for a few dollars at the many Capital bikeshare points all around the centre of town. We had a great time. Recommend a visit the Congress buildings as well as everything else, it is all worthwhile. Everyone we dealt with was so polite.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Unfortunately it was raining hard the day we visited. I am sure it would be a pleasure walking there normally.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

PROS: No entrance fees!
Several things to see!
It was a good idea to lump all museums in one location

CONS: Lots of walking to do... so wear comfortable shoes :)

1  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Can't do DC without doing the Mall... We walked from the National Gallery to the Washington Monument. The threat of rain prevented us from going all the way to the Lincoln Memorial.. A stirring site, and a must see

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have to go back! Everything was great and I saw that new exhibits are soon to come. I still have so much more to see so I cant wait for my return trip.