“Pretty amazing”

US$240.00*
and up
Private Customized Tour of Washington DC with US Veteran
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this online (request a seat) and was pleased when I got an email saying that I had a seat.
The marine corp guys and girls were great and spent time mingling with the crowd. Beware that there is a long wait for the show to start as they ask you to get there early, but don't start until 8.45, though we had a weather hiccup (forecasted thunder storms) so the show was temporarily postponed until the weather cleared; some people chose to leave but i stayed and was pleased that they got started about 30mins later.
The main focus of the show the marine band which were great, but not what I came for - I would like to have seen more of the A & B troops and their marching and gun drills.

The silent drill team was amazing - awesome display and it's simply amazing what they can do. They even recovered elegantly after making one small mistake.

Well worth the visit, even for someone not from USA.

4  Thank sarahu1981

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I had seen the Sunset Parade about 7 years ago and we enjoyed it so much then that we returned bringing my mother-in-law knowing she would enjoy it. They represent our men and women in the military extremely well by showing the skill and dicipline they all learn while in the military. I highly recommend attending the Sunset Parade on your next visit to DC! Request your tickets early so you can get good seats, you want to be able to especially see the silent drill team.

3  Thank ckh009
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Worth a trip to Arlington on every single visit to the area. It makes you proud to be an American. Sit off to the side, so that you aren't blocked by the band or stuck in the crowds.

3  Thank cntrygal71
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I believe the U.S. Marines Sunset Parade may have been my favorite event of the entire trip. It was moving, everyone should have felt a great deal of pride and I'm always amazed at the discipline involved to be able to participate in such a group.

2  Thank Jerri J
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were privileged to be guests of a USMC veteran and his wife. Amazing experience from start to finish. The Marines who acted as hosts were very informative and knowledgable about the Corps, a credit to their unit.
Bands, drums and bugles, drills and marching...all perfectly synchronised.
The highlight of the evening had to be the silent drill.....no orders given, every movement slick and polished to perfection.
Taps (Last Post to us Brits) will send shivers down your spine, a lone bugle sounding out the notes as the flag is lowered and you're pitched into darkness.
Totally awesome evening which we were honoured to share

2  Thank Suzie1624