“Great way to see the key landmarks”

City Segway Tours DC
Monuments and Memorials Segway Tour
Ranked #13 of 153 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. Take a guided Segway, Bike, or Electric Bike Tour or rent a bike to see the sites at your own pace
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Janine was our guide and she was first class. Starting with tuition for the Segways she was both encouraging and patient. She made sure all were confident before we started the tour. My wife was less confident than others and throughout the entire 3 hours she took extra care of her. The pace of the tour was just right with opportunities at all key landmarks to take photos and ask questions. Our guides knowledge was great with some humorous asides thrown in. She showed a clear passion for Washington DC and advocated full visits to many places we simply passed such so the various Smithsonian Museums. The by word if the tour was relaxed, informative but at the same time safe at all time. Would thoroughly recommend the experience. I leave DC with great memories.

3  Thank NealG561
Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"great overview"
"take photos"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My 21 year old son and I did the DC tour in August. Our guide, Gaby, was fantastic, knowledgeable and really kept an eye on everyone's safety. Segways are easy to learn and once you're comfortable on them, within a few minutes, you can't imagine sightseeing any other way. Every one at City Tours was friendly and good at making you feel confident and safe. Highly recommend!

1  Thank karenhere4160
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was not only the best tour but the best tour guide Kelley was well. I was a little nervous at first but it was the best 3 1/2 hours ever. I recommend this company highly. Our guide was smart, funny and extremely knowledgeable about DC and the monuments. We took the monument tour at night and it was perfect. The segways were so much fun and we were able to go to monuments that we might not otherwise have seen. We saw the MLK monument and the FDR monument. Before each stop we got an incredible history lesson and it made the visit 100% better. As I said I was a little nervous before getting on the segway and by the way, the video is horrible, but Kelly put my mind at ease and I did not want to get off at the end (except that my feet hurt from standing for 3 hours). It was a blast and people all over the streets of DC were jealous of us.

I would highly recommend this tour and City Segway is the way to go.

1  Thank cindyg31696
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We visited Washington, DC 2 weeks ago. Our family is made up of our 3 twenty something sons in addition to me and my wife. We decided to take a segway tour and basically found City Segway by looking on the internet. We knew that the amount of ground we wanted to cover was going to be difficult to do by foot, and we could only fit in the tour at night because of time constraints. We found the answer by booking through City Segway tours. Our guide, Sam, was patient, informative, helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I didn't realize what a great time you can have cruising the Capitol at dusk. Next time you get to D.C,, try the night time tour. Excellent choice!!!

1  Thank waterskigi
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked the 3 hour Segway tour for two reasons - my knee does not allow me to walk for hours (which is necessary in DC), and we also always wanted to try out a Segway. It turned out to be one of the best city tours I have ever taken, full of fun & excitement. The Segway (which we learned to control in about a minute) provided the excitement, and the great guide from the tour company (Jake, wasn't it?) provided the fun. Or was it the other way round?
Not only did we see everything from the White House to Congress and the National Mall, we really enjoyed riding our Segways on streets, through parks, everywhere. Hooked! On our next city trips, we will always check if there's a Segway tour available.

1  Thank kofty