“Lost Reservation”

and 1 more site!
Georgetown Hill Inn
Ranked #136 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I booked a room with Georgetown Hill Inn over a month in advance. A week prior to my trip I called to confirm the reservation and they had lost it. Never made it to the hotel. Dont bother with this hotel... there are plenty others that have a much greater level of professionality in the Georgetown area.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveller555515
There are newer reviews for Georgetown Hill Inn

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I recently stayed at the Georgetown Hill Inn for 4 nights and prior to booking read the Tripadvisor.com reviews. I agree with most of them, both good and bad. On the positive side, it is a good location in Georgetown, however on a very busy street - ask for a room on the back street. When I reserved, I was given the "March special" of $99+tax/night, which was honored and was a great rate for DC. The suite was very spacious and included a bedroom, kitchen, living room with fold out bed and bath. The suite was generally clean, however, the carpet and shades could use cleaning and the inside of the microwave was filthy. On the negative side, it is a "walk-up," no maid service, and by far not "elegant" as described in its website. The bottom-line for me is that the Georgetown Inn was worth $99/night and adequate for my needs. If my wife was with me on vacation in DC, I would not stay there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I"ll give you that the GHI has a good location but otherwise there is nothing pleasant at all. In addition to no customer service everything needs a special code that one must chase down the owner/manager to get. The bathroom facilities did not work and the kitcheonette did not have basics. Avoid at all cost - not to mention the price was different from the website, the advertisement and the owner/manager.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank tldkh20mom
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I don't know what's up with all the negative reviews on here, but I've stayed at the Georgetown Hill Inn several times and never had a problem. The rooms are large and stylishly furnished (think CB2 or West Elm). There's a kitchenette, a living room and even a jacuzzi in the bathrooms. The staff is friendly and the restaurant and bar downstairs are also very good. True, there's no daily maid service or elevator, but the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors, so it's not terrible. Honestly, I've stayed in hotels all over DC - from the Ritz Carlton to the Mayflower and while the Georgetown Hill Inn lacks some of their conveniences, it more than makes up for them with lovely, comfortable accommodations in a great location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank stp047
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I have stayed here 2 or 3 times for business and it was fine. Reservations were honored, room was clean and well appointed, bed very comfy. Not the same level of service as a larger hotel with a 24/7 staff at your beck and call, but I did not need to be doted on. I needed a nice clean comfortable place to stay in that neighborhood, and it was fine.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank jjbill
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This "hotel" is not what it claims to be, or appears to be in the on-line photographs. The management is dishonest, aggressive and even frightening. The accomodations are closer to those of a youth hostel, rather than a hotel. The street noise from very busy Wisconsin Avenue is deafening. With so many good hotels struggling to survive, this "hotel" does not deserve to make it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank romanspirit
Reviewed 10 July 2009

While the hotel room itself was quite nice, this is one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel. I called the day before we arrived to confirm that we had the two bedroom suite reserved, which they confirmed we did. When we arrived we discovered they had given it away however, and with no apologies they could only give us two 1 bedroom rooms at $100 MORE a night. It was absolutely ridiculous, this is the least professionally run place I have ever stayed at. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, as you cannot rely on them.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends