“A fine stay”

and 1 more site!
Georgetown Hill Inn
Ranked #136 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 March 2013

work was being done to our apartment (near this hotel), so we stayed here for a few days. It was perfect for us as they are mini apartments. Also there is free parking, which is huge plus for this area. The holiday inn across the street wanted to charge $30 a day for parking.

this hotel is a walk up, but it wasn't to bad for me and I was 8 months pregnant at the time. we found he owner to be friendly enough and the hotel suited our situation nicely. If I was a tourist I think staying here would also be a pleasant experience. A mini suite is a bonus, you are close to both Georgetown and glover park and get more of a neighborhood feel.

Room Tip: Face the back.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Georgetown Hill Inn

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Don’t stay here if:

You can’t climb stairs. There is no elevator & it is one flight up just to check in.
You expect a 24 hour front desk or concierge.
You expect daily maid service.
You don’t like contemporary furniture or would just be more comfortable in a traditional style hotel.

Do stay here if:
You get their $150.00/night price. It was the cheapest I found in this area.
You’re self-sufficient.
You appreciate an apartment like setting.
You like to get out & walk.

What I liked:
The location. Take a right out of the hotel & you can walk Wisconsin Ave down to the river. Along the way are shops, restaurants, cafes bustling with city life & charming side streets.

The very nearby Safeway full service super market (with plenty of take out food), Starbucks & liquor store.

The Café Divan (next door) with it’s large, interesting, reasonably priced menu, both eat in & take out. We enjoyed breakfast there.

The little kitchen with a coffee maker, under the counter fridge & micro.

Having both a living room & bedroom. Felt more like an apartment than a standard hotel setting.

The contemporary furnishing. Not my first choice but a fun change of pace.

The privacy. Felt very private.

Everything worked: air conditioning, room cards, hot water, etc. There was a hair dryer, iron & ironing board.

What I didn’t like:

The locked front door when we arrived & no answer to the posted phone numbers. Someone did appear within a couple of minutes to check us in.

Writing my credit card information on a piece of paper at check in.

No coffee for the coffee pot.

No soap. There was shampoo & conditioner.

No enough light in the bathroom. There was one overhead light. Really could use us some more light around the mirror.

Minimal flatware, glasses, plates, etc in kitchen.

No ice maker but you can get ice from the Café Divan.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank BeccaLiz
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel was ... odd. It bills itself as a luxury boutique hotel - but what it really is is eight furnished apartments. Nice, tasteful, even stylish - but with no maid service, no doorman, no lobby, no elevator, no room service, and hardly any staff. They do empty the trash daily, but they don't make the beds or straighten the towels in the bathroom. There's a kitchen with a fridge and a microwave and a coffee pot and enough dishes for two people - and a supermarket across the street, and a Starbuck's almost next door. If you're looking for a fancy hotel with lots of amenities, this isn't it - but it was $150 a night, with a Jacuzzi and very nice sheets.

I'd go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This hotel has very poor air conditioning and I had to check out after one day. However, the manager is very rude and confrontational. He was trying to force me to move to another room and started yelling at me when I told him I just wanted to leave. There is no reception or waiting area and the hotel is completely locked down. It's very shady and the owner has a frightening attitude. He hasn't refunded me the money after I checked out and we're sorting it out with AMEX. I'm shocked he's still in business!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank noonagiri
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I booked a room with Georgetown Hill Inn over a month in advance. A week prior to my trip I called to confirm the reservation and they had lost it. Never made it to the hotel. Dont bother with this hotel... there are plenty others that have a much greater level of professionality in the Georgetown area.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveller555515
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I recently stayed at the Georgetown Hill Inn for 4 nights and prior to booking read the Tripadvisor.com reviews. I agree with most of them, both good and bad. On the positive side, it is a good location in Georgetown, however on a very busy street - ask for a room on the back street. When I reserved, I was given the "March special" of $99+tax/night, which was honored and was a great rate for DC. The suite was very spacious and included a bedroom, kitchen, living room with fold out bed and bath. The suite was generally clean, however, the carpet and shades could use cleaning and the inside of the microwave was filthy. On the negative side, it is a "walk-up," no maid service, and by far not "elegant" as described in its website. The bottom-line for me is that the Georgetown Inn was worth $99/night and adequate for my needs. If my wife was with me on vacation in DC, I would not stay there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I"ll give you that the GHI has a good location but otherwise there is nothing pleasant at all. In addition to no customer service everything needs a special code that one must chase down the owner/manager to get. The bathroom facilities did not work and the kitcheonette did not have basics. Avoid at all cost - not to mention the price was different from the website, the advertisement and the owner/manager.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business