“The perfect little bar”

Cure Bar and Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cure Bar and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 3,368 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Metro Center
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt this week and finally had a free evening. After three days of meetings/sightseeing, we were exhausted and cancelled our reservations at a well-known DC restaurant. Instead, we happened into Cure, sat at the bar, and ended up having drinks and dinner right there. Probably one of the better bartenders we've ever had--professional, friendly, and made a mean martini. We enjoyed fried oysters (complete with brussels sprouts and bacon) for an appetizer and the Rockfish (outstanding) for a main course. Delicious food, relaxed atmosphere--I will come back here every single time I'm in DC.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great concept for the lunch menu. You have a list of appetizer-sized dishes and then you choose either three dishes for 14 USD, four for 17 USD of five for 20 USD. You fill in a little paper sheet with your choices and they all arrive at the same time on one platter.

All the dishes were good, but the cauliflower bisque, beet salad and cookies were excellent. Dishes are slightly larger than what we would have called appetizers.

Only thing is, the upstairs area was freezing cold and it does get pretty busy, so you may have to wait for a table unless you want to eat in the cold.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Butternut squash with squash jelly. Amazing brussel sprouts. Sliders. Oysters. Even Our favorite
Sheep's cheese from Everona Dairy on menu. Innovate food with incredible combinations of flavors and textures. Perfect.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I wanted to grab a quick lunch with my friend and our daughters and we picked Cure because it was attached to the Grand Hyatt where we were staying for a volleyball tournament. The menu is limited and if you have small children you better look somewhere else. We wanted something quick and small and settled on the mini burgers and salad. I ordered the salad the way it is and was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. My daughter had the burger and it was also very good.
We were seated near the windows with the sofas instead of regular tables and liked it because we could people watch outside. The place had a very cosmopolitan feel and we really did feel we were in DC instead if just any restaurant.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This little bistro boasts of being one of the top ten lunch spots in DC. I was less than impressed however. Had the pick three lunch with cauliflower bisque, a lettuce salad, and buttermilk fried chicken. The chicken had a kick of hot sauce. It was pretty standard fare, nothing extraordinary about it. The breading fell off when I started to eat it. The bisque was lackluster. I requested that the salad not have bleu cheese, yet when I got it all the way back to my room, it did. I was so excited to eat here, I was glad my conference mates didn't follow my constant urging to eat here. It was a bit disappointing!