“Not Shabby Chic!!”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We love the location and used to love this hotel but no longer! Ugh! The customer service was beyond bad. Everyone should be let go and the new hires properly trained. My husband and I went into the bar for a drink one evening (one of our fav bars in DC) and the bartender was so unfriendly and acted like we were bothering him! The concierge was chatting with someone one morning (I do not think someone who was staying at the hotel) and I waited a bit and then just used my phone to find the information. We were still in the lobby and maybe 5 minutes later she came up to me and asked if I needed anything - not now!! Also, many weeks before we arrived I asked for a recommendation for a small tour of the city appropriate for our 7 year daughter. We went to meet the company at the time and spot and found out they were not running that day but no one had contacted us! So unprofessional and a waste of our time. The bellmen who flagged our taxis or who opened the doors always had friends hanging out with them around the front door so sometimes we were uncertain who was working and who was not. We try to visit DC annually to visit friends and enjoy the city but we will definitely not be staying here again. Shabby but not chic!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to read about your experience. We are committed to providing the best possible experience to every guest. I would like the opportunity to speak to you at your earliest convenience. I would like to obtain additional information which will allow us to improve the service we provide. I may be reached at ammar.samad@stregis.com or 202.638.2626. I look forward to speaking with and I am very sorry we disappointed you.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Service was excellent, doormen remembered my girl's names for the four nights we were there during their spring break, concierge service was very helpful. The only downside was the bed, I've been in less prestigious hotels and had a better sleep, but overall a very nice place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your wonderful feedback! We are delighted that you spent Spring Break with us. I would like obtain additional information at your earliest convenience. I may reached at 202.638.2626 or ammar.samad@stregis.com. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Beautiful hotel, was there to attend a family wedding - it was extremely well done, service very good - the rooms are well appointed - the front desk service was spotty. Breakfast good - service in the restaurant - ok. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that overall you had a good experience. We will address some of the areas that could have been better. We look forward to your next visit very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed for 1 night with my family during weekend of March 31 for some cherry blossom viewing and local sightseeing. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Capital mostly but as we had an extra night to spend, we decided to upgrade our last night there after ready many glowing reviews (in addition to the discount offered via Starwood as a Gold member. Check-in was very smooth even though we had to wait in the lobby for 15-20 minutes as the manager was trying to have our upgraded room available for us to go in. We enjoyed just hanging out in the lobby actually so it wasn't bad at all. We were taken to our upgraded room with King bed and a sofa on the 6th floor. Enjoyed the nice spacious room and the modernized bathroom and standing shower, including the mini-TV embedded within the mirrors. The bed was absolutely comfortable and was a great sleep for us. The sofa did pull out into a bed and it was also very comfortable for my in-law to sleep. Couldn't have asked for anything more for a 1-night stay as we were easy walking distance to the White House and to some bakeries/restaurants as well. One minor annoyance was our sofa bed wasn't set up/turned down for us while we were out for dinner but I called the Butler service soonafter I returned and they immediately sent someone to take care of that for us. Not too shabby I guess. We would definitely consider returning in the future (ideally at the same rate we got though) but it is certainly highly recommended for a wonderful family experience in a DC hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed the cherry blossoms and our beautiful hotel. We look forward to your return visit and we thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed in D.C. for business. The hotel is beautiful, and the location is just great. The staff is terrific, very knowledgeable and solicitous. By planning ahead, I was able to arrange for a pass at the Mint Gym which is right across the street. The hotel's gym is was on the smallest I have ever seen at a hotel and completely unacceptable for a property at the level of the St. Regis.

The room was beautiful and surprisingly quiet given that I was on the second floor. One one complaint is the shower/bath tub. It is VERY difficult to get into the tub to use the shower. You need to use a step stool to get in and then have to hold on for your dear life trying to get in or out. There is a large sign warning you to be careful, but really, should a shower/tub be so treacherous? I was physically able to do it, but anyone with any infirmity should stay away from the tubs on the second floor. I wouldn't even let a kid use it.

One final thing, the TV in the bathroom mirror is too cool. What a great feature. However, if I hadn't read review about it before arriving, I would have ignored the remote control in the bathroom. If you don't know about the TV in the mirror, you will never find it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nardiesally
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you taking for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your experience. We are in the process of updating our fitness offerings. We do provide access to the Mint Gym for guests that require a full fitness experience. Please contact me directly and we will ensure that all of your preferences are notated for future stays. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Spring break in D.C. who could ask for anything more? I've been to several comparable hotels in the metro area. However, none could compare to the location, beautiful appointments, and friendly staff. Ertug Ersoy (Manager) personally took care of a rough situation at check-in. The staff is quite friendly and took care of our family’s every need. Traveling with small children can be daunting. The St. Regis while catering to businessmen and dignitaries, manages to keep the little ones happy. The scavenger hunt, treasure box, and Easter treats were a big hit!

Room Tip: Request the Metropolitan suite with a view of K Street
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted that we created a memorable experience for you and your family. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed two nights in a suite at the St. Regis for my recent wedding. Everything about the stay was excellent. The staff are friendly and take the extra step to ensure you have everything you need. The room service was quick and delicious. The facility is the most beautiful I've seen in D.C. If the St. Regis is in your budget, I say go for it! You'll love it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted that our staff ensured a wonderful experience. We look forward to your next stay with us.