“Great hotel and terrific staff.”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Staff was great, very accomidating. We had a mix up and reservation was booked for week before. Hotel quickly fixed it. Hotel is great, lives up to the brand. Highly recommend staying there when in Washington.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially the service you received from members of our “great” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was our second time staying at the st Regis, DC. It is very well located, as the mall, White House, Chinatown and more are a quick jaunt away.

The room was nice, the bathroom was spacious enough and the MirrorTV was a plus.

I booed through Amex FH&R, got the room upgrade, $100 credit for meals and fee breakfast.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

This is our DC hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of your return stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from our “very friendly and accommodating” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the city. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for a multiple day conference in January 2014. All of the staff were very helpful, especially Lida the concierge. Rooms were clean and the restaurant was delicious (there are cheaper eating alternatives nearby, just ask the staff).

Room Tip: Recommend reserving a room facing the outside of the hotel (the inner facing rooms do not have a vie...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from our “very helpful” staff and especially from Lida the concierge. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “delicious” signature restaurant “Decanter” by Sebastien Rondier. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here 3 nights last week. Everything from check in to Check out was awesome. Any request I had was handled by the staff. The bar and restaurant staff were great. You are a block away from the White House. Great place to start a walking tour.

Room Tip: Be a SPG Platinum member and get a great upgrade.
1  Thank Flighttestpilot

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything about our property “from check in to check out.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

What a delightful experience. The Front Desk thoughtfully found me the quiet room I was hoping for, and it was huge (825), and then facilitated a late check out to accommodate my travel schedule. They were wonderful and welcoming. The food was great and since my stay occurred during the snow storm I spent more time there then anticipated. And our meeting venue was changed to the St Regis at the last minute as well, because of the Government closure, without a hitch and with terrific service. Loved the twice a day maid service, the great big shower, nice amenities, convenience to the White House, fire place in the bar, soft sheets and fluffy pillows, and so much more. And the hotel is unique, not one of those anonymous could be anywhere monstrosities.

Room Tip: Talk with the Front Desk folks, they found me exactly what I wished for.
1  Thank AliceG447

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your “delightful experience” at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “huge,” “quiet room” and the service you received from members of our front desk team. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our housekeeping service, location, the quality of our amenities and the St. Regis Bar. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The St. Regis exceeded my exceptions. Their attention to detail and customer service was superb. If you go to the hotel, make sure to pop into the bar, which just cements how prefect this place is. Jane is excellent and bends over backwards to make sure her customers are happy! Everyone, from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, to the doormen all strive for excellence. Can't say enough good things. The location was wonderful for walking around and sight-seeing as well!Look forward to visiting again!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C. that “exceeded [your] expectations.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our doormen, housekeeping and front desk staff and the “attention to detail” and “customer service” that makes our property so unique. I am also glad that you enjoyed your visit to the St. Regis Bar and especially the service that you received from our “excellent” bartender Jane, who “bends over backwards to make sure her customers are happy!” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The hotel is absolutely lovely and equally so is the service and staff. I stayed for business and thoroughly enjoyed the lobby and lobby bar, which are beautfiful spaces well-suited to socialize or work. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: External facing rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our lobby, lobby bar and the service that you received from members of our "lovely" staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!