“Overnight Getaway”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #22 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Maryland
“Overnight Getaway”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the St. Regis. The hotel is beautiful; in a perfect location for seeing the DC sights, replete with an excellent, attending staff. The highlight of our stay was the very educational and witty history and heritage tour of the hotel by Alex Gruhin, the hotel's cultural attache, delivered every Friday at 5pm. Don't miss the champagne sabering at 6 pm each night; very dramatic and delicious!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from members of our “excellent” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. I also appreciate your kind words regarding Alex Gruhin, the esteemed Cultural Attaché of our property and the curator of the St. Regis guest experience. I am glad that Alex’s history and heritage tour, “The Pursuit of a Legacy,” was “the highlight of [your] stay.” Alex’s tour is open to the public and offered on Thursdays and Fridays at 5:00 PM (depending on his schedule) and it culminates with the “dramatic and delicious” St. Regis ritual sabering of a bottle of champagne. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The St. Regis in DC is one my favorite places to stay. LOVE the atmosphere, it is close to every thing, and has the best service. I am a huge fan of their bedding and the water pressure. These amenities make staying there truly luxurious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you love our atmosphere, benefit from our superb location two blocks north of the White House and enjoy the service you receive from members of our staff. We are proud to have the “best service” of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I am also glad that you enjoy the bedding and water pressure in our “luxurious” guestrooms. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My family stayed at the Washington DC St. Regis this past weekend and I have to say that it was absolutely phenomenal! The hotel is majestic and perfectly reflects the splendor of DC. The service and the attention to the finest details are what set this hotel apart from the rest of the competition. Everything -- from the welcome gift in our suite to the meticulous turndown service every night and room service -- was executed flawlessly. I was so impressed that I will be staying there again in May when I return to DC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review of our “absolutely phenomenal” stay at the “majestic” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from members of our team, whose “attention to the finest details” does indeed set our “hotel apart from the rest of the competition.” I am also glad that you enjoyed our “flawlessly” executed turndown service and meals provided through private dining. I look forward to your return to our property in May!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

After a horrific stay in another DC hotel St. Regis was a very welcome oasis. Staff has obviously undergone serious training for sophisticated guest interaction. Turndown service was nice (upon return from a crazy day at the office, the radio is on, tuned to classical music, with bottled water on nightstand). Wish my room had had a bathtub, but didn't expect it due to age of hotel. Highly recommended if you want an effortless stay in DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a street-side (outward facing) room or else you'll be staring down at an HVAC system.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Single_Digit_Seat
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your experience at the “oasis” that is the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our team, all of whom are trained for “sophisticated guest interaction.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Best Regards,

Cortez, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The location and hotel was magnificent. The customer service was stupendous. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty each and every day. The staff was the friendliest, most cordial staff I have ever encountered. I am a world wide traveler and I was formerly a Four Seasons fan for their customer service, however the St. Regis Staff is superior to the Four Seasons. The St. Regis has the best staff anywhere in the world.
From J.F. the concierge (Best in the business), to the doormen, front desk, bartenders and everyone in between....I salute, commend, and thank you.
I will always stay at the St. Regis when I am in D.C. I will also recommend this hotel to all my business associates and friends.
This is the first survey I have ever submitted in 33 years of business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the “magnificent” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “stupendous” service that you received from members of our team that “went above and beyond the call of duty each and every day.” I especially appreciate your kind words regarding our doormen, front desk agents, bartenders and JF Dupont, our esteemed Chef Concierge. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My first time staying at the St. Regis in DC was exquisite. They have an extremely dedicated team that helps with anything and everything you need, from running to open the door to bringing you Advil in the morning in under 5 minutes. I've stayed at a few other hotels in the area and none compare to the St. Regis. Beautiful hotel, convenient location, friendly and attentive staff; what more could you want?

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your “exquisite” first stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “extremely dedicated team.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Can't say enough good things about the St. Regis in DC. From the complimentary upgrade to a corner suite to the impeccable service at the bar, all was outstanding. Also appreciated getting 3 newspapers delivered each morning! Really looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “impeccable service” that you received from members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.