““First-class experience!!!””

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #23 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Every detail of our stay was complete perfection. Of course, the customer service was phenomenal. Everyone was so kind and helpful, always thinking of what we wanted before we did. The rooms were beautiful, the hotel was stunning .the bar and restaurant Decanter were outstanding.The St Regis Bar is by far one of the best bars I have been to in a long time,the staff made us feel at home,specially the young Moroccan bartender Reda was a pleasure getting too know him made our stay that much more welcoming can mix any drink and always with a smile on his face.
Thank you,st regis hotel. A memorable visit. We'll be back at our first chance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your stay at the “stunning” St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “phenomenal” service that you received from members of our “kind and helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding your experience at the St. Regis Bar and the quality of your “beautiful” guestroom. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the St. Regis over the Valentine weekend and had a very nice stay. The location of the Hotel couldn't be better and the staff was outstanding. We were upgrade to a suit and the room was very spacious and very nicely decorated.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “outstanding” service that you received from members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding your “spacious and very nicely decorated” suite. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Staying at the St. Regis is always fabulous. It's luxurious, small, and first class. The staff refers to you by name from the moment you walk through the front door until the time you leave. The rooms are small but classy and very comfortable.
There is a nice little bar in the lobby where they are expert mixologist and can fix you whatever suits you. They remolded the bar a couple of years ago and it has a more modern look to it and it is less conformable, but there is still a classy feeling to it. The staff waits on your every need in the most respectful and attentive way, that is what makes this hotel so very special.

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in is very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of the “luxurious, small and first class” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoy the service that you receive from members of our team, who wait on “your every need in the most respectful and attentive way.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “comfortable” guestrooms and the “classy” St. Regis Bar. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I checked into the St. Regis on Valentines Day for a quick getaway from Annapolis Md on Valentines Day and boy was it a delight. When I arrived the Valet Shirah*(spelling) was immediately ready to assist. As soon as I walked in everything was about SERVICE! I checked in with a very professional front desk agent John Gilligan. He was very polite and charismatic as he checked us into our room. It really shows how much the St. Regis cares about customer service when they put someone who seems like they value there job and your stay at the front desk. As we checked into our room the place was absolutely beautiful. From the TV inside the mirror in the bathroom to the elegant closets and view it was truly astonishing. We decided to eat at the restaurant Decanter for Valentines Day and man was it excellent. Our server Marissa was quick to explain anything we had a question with and the Director of Beverage Orcun Turkay was excellent in explaining the menu. It ended up being a remarkable and epic valentines day dinner for both my fiance and I. After dinner we went to John again (I mean why not!) and he assisted us in going to a excellent bar for late night drinks and music. It really meant a lot for someone like John to be the forefront of a hotel like this and kudos to the GM for putting someones like this at such a beautiful and elegant hotel. I will definitely be returning and encourage EVERYONE to experience the St. Regis as I did.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at the “truly astonishing” St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our staff, including that which you received from John Gilligan at the front desk and Marissa and Orcun Turkay in our restaurant, “Decanter.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of your meal at “Decanter” and your “absolutely beautiful” guestroom, respectively. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My stay at St. Regis Washington, D.C., has been by far my best experience ever at a hotel. Their team is excellent! They work together really well! They are extremely friendly, respectful, accommodating and anticipate assisting you before you even ask. The venue is spotless and appealing! You feel as if you are home! Congratulations to the management and everyone in their team for providing excellent, outstanding service. I look forward to returning in the future and will recommend St. Regis to my family and friends.

Room Tip: The representatives will meet your needs once you let them know what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C. – your “best experience ever at a hotel!" I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “outstanding” service you received from members of our “extremely friendly, respectful, accommodating” team, as well as our “spotless and appealing” building. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the St. Regis. The hotel is beautiful; in a perfect location for seeing the DC sights, replete with an excellent, attending staff. The highlight of our stay was the very educational and witty history and heritage tour of the hotel by Alex Gruhin, the hotel's cultural attache, delivered every Friday at 5pm. Don't miss the champagne sabering at 6 pm each night; very dramatic and delicious!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from members of our “excellent” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. I also appreciate your kind words regarding Alex Gruhin, the esteemed Cultural Attaché of our property and the curator of the St. Regis guest experience. I am glad that Alex’s history and heritage tour, “The Pursuit of a Legacy,” was “the highlight of [your] stay.” Alex’s tour is open to the public and offered on Thursdays and Fridays at 5:00 PM (depending on his schedule) and it culminates with the “dramatic and delicious” St. Regis ritual sabering of a bottle of champagne. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The St. Regis in DC is one my favorite places to stay. LOVE the atmosphere, it is close to every thing, and has the best service. I am a huge fan of their bedding and the water pressure. These amenities make staying there truly luxurious.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you love our atmosphere, benefit from our superb location two blocks north of the White House and enjoy the service you receive from members of our staff. We are proud to have the “best service” of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I am also glad that you enjoy the bedding and water pressure in our “luxurious” guestrooms. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!