“Poor service”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #23 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We checked in at 4.15pm on April 17th after travelling for over 12 hours to be told that our room wasn't ready! We were dispatched to the bar and when we enquired 40 minutes later if the room was ready - the look on the receptionists face told us that he'd forgotten all about us! Our room on the 8th floor was somewhat dingy and noisy from the constant hum of the rooftop air con unit.
The same man on reception opened the door to our room a couple of days later - without double checking- to another guest who'd said his room key wasn't working! The final insult was on checking out he had charged us for breakfast which had already been prepaid! I wouldn't recommend this hotel - it may once have had high standards of service but we didn't find it to be so!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue G
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product and service is being investigated and all outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 April 2014

First, location to the White House is fantastic, and you are greeted with such a sincere smile. I really expected more.

The bed was so ridiculous, kept rolling around and felt that I did not get a good night rest. The bathroom was ok, a bit rundown for my taste. I stayed in Room 605, the shower door seal is broken because water just poured out of the doors while you showered.

From the reviews, I expected more and felt I got less that what I price paid which I felt was pretty reasonable for luxury hotel.

I really wanted to love this hotel because of the inviting service and location but I would rethink for next time.

Room Tip: Woodward Table fantastic lunch spot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kari1234
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding the service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product is being investigated and all outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was excited to stay in DC close to the White House. Our friends chose the Ritz. We wish we did too... Thinking this was the Starwood answer to the Ritz having beds that were compatible to a Marriott courtyard made me feel the price I paid was unfair. And one night they made the bed without a flat sheet! It is a great location and staff is wonderful downstairs and out front, song will give them props for that. With many hotel choices look elsewhere if you want to wake up from a comfortable bed!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Aavello

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family stayed at the St-Regis in Washington for the 2014 Easter week-end. The service from the Head concierge, cultural attaché et reception were above my expectations. 1 week before our stay, we received an e-mail asking us if we had special requirements. They helped us find 2 AMAZING restaurants and provided us with detailed information to make our stay a memorable experience. Thank you for organizing the Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning. It felt a bit like home. It was also incredible to have conversations in French in the hotel. Thank you to Jean-Francois, Alex and Pierre. Merci mille fois. Nathalie

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your lovely review of your “memorable” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the level of personal service that you received from our Chef Concierge JF Dupont, Pierre at the front desk and from Alex Gruhin, our esteemed Cultural Attaché and the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. I certainly hope that you have the opportunity to take Alex’s incredible history tour of the property on a future stay. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed in DC the first week in April and we were really impressed. Chose the Regis due to recommendations and location and we were not disappointed. Staff were fantastic, very friendly and extremely helpful. Sleep quality was second to none which helps when you travel from the other side of the globe. Will stay there again if we have the chance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our brilliant location near the White House, and the level of personal service that you received from members of our “fantastic, very friendly and extremely helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Atlanta
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently for two nights and have nothing but good things to say. Wonderful service, including room service, great meals in the restaurant, and a great location. Win win all the way around.

Room Tip: The rooms on the outside of the building ironically seem to be the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our great location in the heart of the city, two blocks north of the White House, as well as the “wonderful” service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our restaurant “Decanter” by Sebastien Rondier and the quality of our private dining program. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Zürich
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Wonderful, personalized and flawless service in a great location two blocks away from the White House - perfect spot and base for a weekend in DC. Outstanding support from the concierge team organizing, planning and recommending place to go see, dine, watch, enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our brilliant location in the heart of the city, two blocks north of the White House, as well as the “wonderful, personalized and flawless” service that you received from members of our staff. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding the “outstanding support” that you received from members of our concierge team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!