“Great Hotel”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Aurora, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the St Regis on our first trip to DC. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel staff were great and the hotel has a grand, opulent, old world charm which we love.

The room was perfect. A lot of character, a comfortable king bed with great pillows and lots of storage. Very well laid out. The same for the bathroom. Although small, it was thoughtfully designed.

Walking out the front door and seeing the White House down the street was icing on the cake. Being a short walk from the Metro and having lots of choice for places to eat near by a bonus.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen S
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your “wonderful experience” at the “grand, opulent” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “perfect” guestroom and our phenomenal location two blocks north of the White House. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our “great” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a perfect stay at the St. Regis DC this past weekend! We thoroughly enjoyed the property, our room, and all the staff. There was a nice menu selection for breakfast each morning at Decanter. I truly appreciated the welcome gift of my favorite champagne (Veuve) and the twice daily housekeeping service (even on the morning of our departure). They have complimentary access to the gym across the street. We were able to walk around the city, visit multiple museums and cheer the marathon runners. They even put out Gatorade, water and a "Job Well Done" sign for when the runners returned. The little touches and bespoke service is why I will continue to stay at the St. Regis and other fine Starwood properties.

Room Tip: Our corner suite on the 4th floor was large and had nice street views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hotel was in a perfect location, within 2 blocks of the White House and easy walking for adults to other key locations. Staff was well trained and gracious, especially concierge Leslie -- who offered us discounted museum tickets -- and front-desk staffer Anna. They must do a good job on hiring and training because we were well treated, from the valet, to the front desk, to the bar, to concierge. Lobby ceiling is beautiful, and the bar has a stylish modern fireplace. Bar prices were a bit steep, but that was expected. There's an easy 2-mile run that loops from the hotel to 17th, down past the White House to Constitution, Constitution to 15th, and then up 15th back to the hotel (ran that 3 times). No one ever offers free water bottles, but the St. Regis did -- which is great after a day of walking to tourist sites. Also, another nice touch that shows that they watch out for the customer: The Nike Women's Half Marathon was the same weekend, and the hotel put out a welcoming sign to runners along with a bucked of iced bottle waters.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room higher than the second floor. There was a prom or similar function in the ballro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “perfect location” two blocks north of the White House, as well as the service that you received from members of our staff. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding Anne at the Front Desk and our Lead Concierge Leslie Valtin. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We checked in at 4.15pm on April 17th after travelling for over 12 hours to be told that our room wasn't ready! We were dispatched to the bar and when we enquired 40 minutes later if the room was ready - the look on the receptionists face told us that he'd forgotten all about us! Our room on the 8th floor was somewhat dingy and noisy from the constant hum of the rooftop air con unit.
The same man on reception opened the door to our room a couple of days later - without double checking- to another guest who'd said his room key wasn't working! The final insult was on checking out he had charged us for breakfast which had already been prepaid! I wouldn't recommend this hotel - it may once have had high standards of service but we didn't find it to be so!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product and service is being investigated and all outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 April 2014

First, location to the White House is fantastic, and you are greeted with such a sincere smile. I really expected more.

The bed was so ridiculous, kept rolling around and felt that I did not get a good night rest. The bathroom was ok, a bit rundown for my taste. I stayed in Room 605, the shower door seal is broken because water just poured out of the doors while you showered.

From the reviews, I expected more and felt I got less that what I price paid which I felt was pretty reasonable for luxury hotel.

I really wanted to love this hotel because of the inviting service and location but I would rethink for next time.

Room Tip: Woodward Table fantastic lunch spot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kari1234
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding the service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product is being investigated and all outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was excited to stay in DC close to the White House. Our friends chose the Ritz. We wish we did too... Thinking this was the Starwood answer to the Ritz having beds that were compatible to a Marriott courtyard made me feel the price I paid was unfair. And one night they made the bed without a flat sheet! It is a great location and staff is wonderful downstairs and out front, song will give them props for that. With many hotel choices look elsewhere if you want to wake up from a comfortable bed!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Aavello

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family stayed at the St-Regis in Washington for the 2014 Easter week-end. The service from the Head concierge, cultural attaché et reception were above my expectations. 1 week before our stay, we received an e-mail asking us if we had special requirements. They helped us find 2 AMAZING restaurants and provided us with detailed information to make our stay a memorable experience. Thank you for organizing the Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning. It felt a bit like home. It was also incredible to have conversations in French in the hotel. Thank you to Jean-Francois, Alex and Pierre. Merci mille fois. Nathalie

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your lovely review of your “memorable” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the level of personal service that you received from our Chef Concierge JF Dupont, Pierre at the front desk and from Alex Gruhin, our esteemed Cultural Attaché and the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. I certainly hope that you have the opportunity to take Alex’s incredible history tour of the property on a future stay. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.