“Superb Service - Immaculate Room”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #21 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 May 2014

You get what you pay for and then sometimes you get much more. Booked with a special ABA rate to keep the cost down but I would have paid full price. When it matters I always stay at the St. Regis. I had my suit pressed and shows shined in less than 90 minutes. With a smile. $19. Looking good in front of the IRS, priceless.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tax27
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “immaculate” guestroom as well as the “superb” service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I just came back from D,C, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis. The staff were very courteous, friendly and efficient. My room was outstanding with a big, spacious bathroom. The food was excellent and the waiters could not have been nicer. The bar is full of every type of drink you could possibly want. I know, because I like Irish whiskey, and even tho they had some rare bottles of hand, I did not see the Irish whiskey I wanted. The bar manager, Ortune, left the bar and brought back the very whiskey I wanted and he was most gracious in doing so. From your lst experience with bellmen to the maids in the rooms, they will all strive to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. And, you are within walking distance of almost everything you would want to see in D.C. And, close to Reagan Airport. I will return to the St. Regis the next time I go to D.C..

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor if you can--it is also the top floor.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our phenomenal location, your “outstanding” guestroom, as well as the service that you received from members of our “courteous, friendly and efficient” staff. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding Orcun Turkay, our wonderful Director of Beverage. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked the St. Regis as a gift to my wife for her 54th birthday. She'd never been to DC so I wanted to make it super special. I chose the St. Regis for its style, 'feel,' and the luxury. Everyone I spoke with at the hotel and in reservations prior to arrival was EXTREMELY accommodating and friendly...they went beyond the call of duty. Prior to coming to DC, the concierges JF and Lida helped me set up some great surprises for my wife... the best massage she ever had, a heavenly piece of Happy Birthday chocolate cake awaiting her in the room on check-in, and excellent restaurant, tour, and health club recommendations. There were tons of excellent restaurants right outside the hotel and within blocks as well. The White House is just 2 blocks away...which you can see right outside the front entrance. We won't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We chose room with a city view, which looked out onto 16th St, between K and I Streets.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “extremely accommodating and friendly” staff. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding our concierges JF and Lida. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here in April, and had a wonderful time. The lobby and room were impeccably decorated, the staff especially attentive and gracious (both by email and in person), and the location can't be beat. A+ for elegant style and service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our unbeatable location, your “impeccably decorated” guestroom, as well as the service that you received from members of our “attentive and gracious” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The St. Regis is very centrally located in DC and an excellent property. The service is very high quality and what you would expect from St. Regis. The rooms are nicely appointed and the property is in overall good condition.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our unbeatable location, your “nicely appointed” guestroom, as well as the “very high quality” service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Took my wife and 2 kiddos to DC for a week in April 2014 and stayed at the St. Regis. What an amazing location and property. What was even more impressive was how attentive and gracious the staff was here - especially Alessio and Alex. Have never poster a review on tripadvisor, but am happy to do so because of how remarkable our stay was hat this hotel. Can't imagine coming back to DC and not staying here....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JeffP007

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your “remarkable” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “amazing location” as well as the service that you received from members of our “attentive and gracious” staff. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding Alessio at the front desk and Alex Gruhin, the esteemed Cultural Attaché of the property and the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

In order to attend a late night event in DC, I booked a one night stay at the St. Regis hotel in Downtown Washington. For full disclosure, I will share that I work less than a mile from the hotel and am very familiar with the neighborhood and related attractions. I have also eaten in the hotel's restaurant and bar a few times, so the only "new" experience I would have would be as a guest staying in one of their rooms.

I arrived mid-afternoon on a Friday and drove up to their entrance via the narrow driveway. I knew that parking was valet only and it is a steep $49/night. That rate is somewhat in range for hotels in that area of Washington, but I still think its hefty. You will be greeted by professional and well trained staff. The lobby is small, but classically decorated and comfortable. One end leads into its event area and the other end toward the bar and restaurant. The guest registration desk is to the right as your enter and is rather understated. My check in was smooth. For some reason, I had been booked for a handicap accessible room ( which I didnt need) so there were a few extra minutes spent finding a regular ready room.

My room was on the 7th floor and faced the rear of the building overlooking a lower rooftop and some building construction adjacent to the hotel. In truth, it was a crappy view and poor floor location considering I am a Starwood member. I have stopped complaining about bad view rooms on one-night stays, but I do think guests in the rewards program should always have a scenic view.

Beyond that, the room was well decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was excellent. One of the best I have ever been in. I like a strong blast from showerheads and this one felt like being in a high quality spa shower. The bed was very comfortable, but the king size dominated the open floor space and made the small sofa on the far side of the room almost an extension of the bed. My one complaint about the room was that there was no iron or ironing board in the armoire which I did need for a wrinkled suit and shirt I was wearing for the event. However, you have butler service at the hotel and one was provided for me within minutes

I did not eat at the hotel, but did need an ice bucket for a champagne bottle. When I first called to ask for the ice machine location, I was told that one was on my floor and spent several minutes wandering the 7th floor before giving up and calling back. On the second call, the butler responded within about 15 minutes.

My stay at the St. Regis served the purpose of being in proximity to the events that I attended well. The neighborhood is ideal for food, shopping and sightseeing needs and every staff encounter at the hotel was top-notch. I was disappointed that there did not appear any "extra" for an SPG member with this stay, but left satisfied with making the choice to stay at the St. Regis for this occasion.

Room Tip: ask for something facing the street or courtyard. There is construction on the rear side of the bui...
1  Thank Farmerica

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. I genuinely appreciate your kind words regarding the service that you received from our “top-notch” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product is being investigated and all outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information to my attention. I look forward to your return to our property.