“A Fantastic Hotel in Washington, DC”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had a fantastic stay at the St. Regis Washington, DC. The staff was helpful and friendly, the food was excellent, the bar has an impressive selection of bourbon and the facilities were clean and well maintained!

Would stay here again and would also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “helpful and friendly” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our food and beverage program and the cleanliness of our facilities. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We spent two nights at the St. Regis in May. From check in to check out the service was superb. Our room overlooked 16th Street and was beautifully decorated. We especially enjoyed the very informative hotel tour by Alex Gruhin, followed by the champagne sabering. We highly recommend the St. Regis!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “beautifully decorated” guestrooms and the “superb” service that you received from members of our staff. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our esteemed Cultural Attaché Alex Gruhin, the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. I am glad that Alex’s history tour of the property exceeded your expectations. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The reviews were right about the SR in DC...stellar service from beginning to end. Not only did Alex the concierge/cultural attaché reach out to us prior to visit to see if there was something we may need but he treated our kids with a favorite food delivery the moment we came. A guy came to unfold the sleeper sofa within 15 seconds of our arrival to room. Quite traditional decor if you like that sort of thing...it was classy though! But the service was unobtrusive yet totally pampering. Nice! And Decanter restaurant was an amazingly good restaurant to eat at! Both dinner and lunch...quite surprised! The food was actually very memorable, if not a bit pricey. I Like the small feel of the hotel...boutiquey though very crowded on weekend. Must be popular choice. Yep, will def return!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “unobtrusive yet totally pampering” service that you received from members of our staff. I also appreciate your kind words about our restaurant “Decanter,” and regarding our esteemed Cultural Attaché Alex Gruhin, the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. Did you know that Alex also offers an incredible history tour of the property on Thursdays and Fridays at 5:00 PM? I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This St. Regis is everything that one would expect from a high-end hotel in Washington. The lobby is elegant but not stuffy and it is as easy to relax with a glass of wine as it is to entertain business associates. The rooms are old-world like except that they are more spacious and the attention to detail is impressive. This is not a casual property however and as such, you will not find a coffee pot or an ironing board in your room. Of course, you can order coffee and have your clothes pressed with a phone call. This is to be expected and I did not mind it at all. Actually, it was a refreshing change of pace. After all, one does not choose the St. Regis to make your budget. Instead, this is an experience to remember.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your “experience to remember” at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “elegant but not stuffy” lobby and “spacious” guestrooms. I am also glad that your stay with us offered a “refreshing change of pace.” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I recently stayed at the St. Regis for business. The rooms and staff were some of the best that I have experienced in DC; not to mention its proximity to the White House. Definitely one of DC's finest hotels.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you benefited from our location, two blocks north of the White House, and that the service you received from members of our staff was “some of the best that [you] have experienced” in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

You get what you pay for and then sometimes you get much more. Booked with a special ABA rate to keep the cost down but I would have paid full price. When it matters I always stay at the St. Regis. I had my suit pressed and shows shined in less than 90 minutes. With a smile. $19. Looking good in front of the IRS, priceless.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tax27
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “immaculate” guestroom as well as the “superb” service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I just came back from D,C, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis. The staff were very courteous, friendly and efficient. My room was outstanding with a big, spacious bathroom. The food was excellent and the waiters could not have been nicer. The bar is full of every type of drink you could possibly want. I know, because I like Irish whiskey, and even tho they had some rare bottles of hand, I did not see the Irish whiskey I wanted. The bar manager, Ortune, left the bar and brought back the very whiskey I wanted and he was most gracious in doing so. From your lst experience with bellmen to the maids in the rooms, they will all strive to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. And, you are within walking distance of almost everything you would want to see in D.C. And, close to Reagan Airport. I will return to the St. Regis the next time I go to D.C..

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor if you can--it is also the top floor.