The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
US$447
US$424
Marriott Hotels
US$337
US$257
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$418
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$263
Official Website
US$237
US$194
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
1,337 results
All reviewsbutler servicewhite housejean francoismetropolitan suitechampagne saberingbathroom mirrorturn down servicebeautiful hoteltwo blocksroom serviceupgraded roomconcierge deskk streetfour seasonsthe entire staffupon checkthe ritz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first time stay at the St. Regis. Stayed 1 block away at the Capital Hilton and this hotel is where I will return to. The service from the bellman to the front desk and the Butler service at all times of the day is total class. The meeting rooms were above expectations. The bathroom had a beautiful tub/shower with lots of extras. the bed was comfortable an d the minibar had all the refreshments anyone could ask for. The lobby is furnished with antique furniture that is first class. a winner in D.C.

Room Tip: Rooms in D.C. during session of Congress are always premium dollars. At this hotel you get the value that you pay for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your guestroom with its “comfortable” bed, as well as the service that you received from members of our staff that exhibits “total class.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The stay was terrific. I didn’t realize how close the property is to the white house. The neighborhood was tremendous.
The staff was very helpful, especially the door men and bell boys who were all extremely cheerful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your “terrific” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location, very close to the White House, “tremendous” neighborhood, as well as the service that you received from members of our “very helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The location of The St. Regis Washington, D.C. was ideal. My boyfriend and I love luxury hotels and we were very excited to stay at this property after seeing gorgeous pictures featured on St. Regis' Instagram.

The lobby is beautiful and very welcoming. Unfortunately, the room decor is dated and quite drab. The bathroom had been updated and was very clean - the shower was super powerful! The Athletic Club, located on the lower level, is very small with no windows and poor lighting. (The hotel does offer a pass to a gym less than a block away.)

We usually experience amazing St. Regis concierge service, but we found the recommendations given to us by The St. Regis Washington, D.C. staff to be average. We are very active people and love to go for a run to explore the city we are visiting. The "running route" map given to us was not to scale and did not have the information needed (estimated distances, location of sites, etc.) to navigate the city.

The bellman and registration staff were very courteous and professional. Our stay was pleasant, but we were hoping for exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “beautiful and very welcoming” lobby and the service you received from our “very courteous and professional” bellmen and front desk staff. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product and service is being investigated and any outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was a most pleasant four night stay last month. I had booked a small suite and was upgraded to the larger Astor Suite, a corner pair of rooms with plenty of space in which to relax. Plenty of light, although views were nothing to speak of.

Check-in was prompt, courteous and altogether pleasant. I was asked if I wanted a late check-out, which was appreciated.

The main lobby is impressive. A mix of traditional and transitional furnishings in a classic setting with floor to ceiling windows. Plenty of places to sit and relax while reading a paper or waiting for others.

Hallways on the way to the room were clean. Carpet is rather drab. There are still some original decorative elements here and there.

The suite was clean and nicely furnished, with the main bedroom having plenty of closet and drawer space, a good sized desk, comfortable bed and linen. The furniture is interesting; it had something of a tudor look. It may have been a bit beat up, but it could have been the distress built into the finish. Not a bad trick if normal wear and tear might just make the furniture look more "authentic." Wi-Fi available at a charge, although the desk clerk waived that for me. Good quality Bose sound system at bedside with a convenient connection for an iPhone.

The sitting area had a long couch (not a pull out), two comfortable chairs and armoire with television (there is also a television in the bedroom).

Turn down service was not too early and not too late. Upholstered headboard was covered with a clean sheet. Ice container was filled with fresh water bottles (no charge). The floor butler stopped by one evening to see if I needed anything. I understand they are on call. Double windows muffled most traffic noise, and some of the construction noise at a building site across the street.

Bathroom was of a good size. Separate water closet. Large shower with super powerful wall spray and handheld. Bath towels were fine. Toiletries were nice enough.

My room rate (AAA) included breakfast for two in the dining room. The dining room had plenty of natural light which (even on a rainy day) made this a most pleasant way to relax before the day began. Service and food quality was high. Dining room attendants were friendly(really all staff at the hotel were pleasant, not stuffy).

The only negative worthy of note is poor room lighting as a consequence of the newer government mandated light bulbs. In respects less of this light was better -- I have been in hotel rooms with the new light bulbs that were reminiscent of a cafeteria.

The hotel is well located a block from Lafayette Square north of the White House and just a couple of blocks from the Farragut West metro. DuPont Circle is about a mile or so from the hotel, and between there and the hotel there are plenty of dining options, both casual and high end. Museums and monuments on the mall are certainly within walking distance.

This hotel is high on my recommended list for DC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 6101FCD

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your “wonderful stay” at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “clean and nicely furnished” suite, “impressive” lobby, as well as the service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product. This information will be investigated and any outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. I genuinely look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

When I travel, I want to experience the best in each city. The St. Regis Washington was the perfect choice to fulfill this goal. First of all, the building was stunning – there is no other way to say it. They just don’t build hotels like this anymore – it really is beautiful. When you enter the property, the history is almost palpable. Just to think how many persons, who were vital to United States history and the country as we know it, visited here…that’s just cool and you can’t deny that fact.

The lobby is gorgeous – classy and refined – while creating a very comfortable vibe. That’s hard to pull off and the St. Regis does it effortlessly. To add to the class factor, an afternoon champagne sabering, to celebrate the end of the day and transition to night, is conducted at 6:00 pm daily. Apparently, this is a St. Regis tradition; however, I’ve stayed at several other St. Regis properties and had never been informed of this ritual. Luckily, there was a newsletter in the room which enlightened me to this great ceremony. I loved it – how classy is champagne sabering in the lobby?...VERY!

Our room was lovely and was a respite each day after touring the city. The color combinations, used in the room, were soothing and very tasteful. The bathroom was great too. The hotel’s location was perfect – 2 blocks from the White House and an easy walk to the Mall.

Alex, the Cultural Attaché, was excellent – warm, charming, professional, knowledgeable. The history tour, given by Alex, was interesting and very informative. Leslie, the Lead Concierge, was phenomenal too. Leslie provided excellent recommendations regarding tours, sites, and restaurants and did so in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner.
The next time I visit Washington, D. C., I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Luxury1Georgia

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your experience at the “beautiful” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “gorgeous” lobby, champagne sabering ceremony, “lovely” guestroom and the service and “excellent recommendations” that you received from Leslie Valtin, our “phenomenal” and “friendly” Lead Concierge. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “warm, charming, professional, knowledgeable” Cultural Attaché Alex Gruhin, the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. I am glad that Alex’s history tour of the property exceeded your expectations. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!