“Washington DC”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our stay at the St Regis was excellent. Service from all staff was great and the room was very nice. We picked the hotel for its proximity to the White House and the monuments. There are lots of restaurants around as well as in the Hotel also bus service is literally across the street. When we return to Washington again,this would be our first choice of hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dynes69
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your "excellent" experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location, two blocks north of the White House. I also appreciate your kind words regarding your "very nice" guestroom and the "great" service that you received from members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital.. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Despite being completely satisfied with the high level of cleanliness, service and luxury, I am compelled to write this review because of Donna, one of the Butlers who came up to tie a bow tie for me. even though the one I had was a too long for my neck, she took the time to make it work, and I cannot tell you how elegant it looked. thank you for having such wonderful people like Donna, and thank you for loaning me a pair of cufflinks too! we will be back next time we're in DC.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the St. Regis Washington DC and for your kind words regarding our butler Donna. I look forward to your return to our property!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis Washington. I was impressed by the hotel: it is very well appointed and the service provided by the staff was both immediate and warm. Rooms are quite spacious and the materials used in the rooms are high quality. The food service was wonderful as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the "excellent" St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our "attentive" staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to our property.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel in Washington DC and I had a great time. The staff at reception desk, the concierge and the bellboys were friendly, warm and very helpful at all times. I initially struggled with the WiFi , but once the problem was identified and sorted out , I never had a problem throughout my stay. The concierge staff were very helpful regarding the tours I could do and where I could join them and also in terms of the restaurants for dinner. There is a Starbucks across the road and this was very helpful for coffee in the morning. My room was very spacious and clean. The shower was amazing. The bar staff were also friendly. I will certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your "marvelous" stay at the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first time stay at the St. Regis. Stayed 1 block away at the Capital Hilton and this hotel is where I will return to. The service from the bellman to the front desk and the Butler service at all times of the day is total class. The meeting rooms were above expectations. The bathroom had a beautiful tub/shower with lots of extras. the bed was comfortable an d the minibar had all the refreshments anyone could ask for. The lobby is furnished with antique furniture that is first class. a winner in D.C.

Room Tip: Rooms in D.C. during session of Congress are always premium dollars. At this hotel you get the value...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your guestroom with its “comfortable” bed, as well as the service that you received from members of our staff that exhibits “total class.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The stay was terrific. I didn’t realize how close the property is to the white house. The neighborhood was tremendous.
The staff was very helpful, especially the door men and bell boys who were all extremely cheerful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your “terrific” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location, very close to the White House, “tremendous” neighborhood, as well as the service that you received from members of our “very helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The location of The St. Regis Washington, D.C. was ideal. My boyfriend and I love luxury hotels and we were very excited to stay at this property after seeing gorgeous pictures featured on St. Regis' Instagram.

The lobby is beautiful and very welcoming. Unfortunately, the room decor is dated and quite drab. The bathroom had been updated and was very clean - the shower was super powerful! The Athletic Club, located on the lower level, is very small with no windows and poor lighting. (The hotel does offer a pass to a gym less than a block away.)

We usually experience amazing St. Regis concierge service, but we found the recommendations given to us by The St. Regis Washington, D.C. staff to be average. We are very active people and love to go for a run to explore the city we are visiting. The "running route" map given to us was not to scale and did not have the information needed (estimated distances, location of sites, etc.) to navigate the city.

The bellman and registration staff were very courteous and professional. Our stay was pleasant, but we were hoping for exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “beautiful and very welcoming” lobby and the service you received from our “very courteous and professional” bellmen and front desk staff. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product and service is being investigated and any outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Regards,