“Classy hotel”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #19 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
North Carolina
“Classy hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the St. Regis and we enjoyed it as much as our first visit. Hanna at the front desk is so friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed our same room and added a roll away bed for one of our kids. We were too late to eat lunch in the restaurant so we ate in the bar. They were very accommodating with our food allergies & we really enjoyed the parmesan truffle fries! We have stayed in a room on the 2nd floor and it is very bright and quiet. When we arrived "home" after dinner they had left a beautiful treat in the room which we greatly appreciated. All in all, this is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location with outstanding service. The St. Regis is our new "go to" DC hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, location and the "outstanding" service that you received from our members of our staff and especially from Hanna at the front desk. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful hotel and location
We enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Great staff and service,food, but disappointed with the turn down service the last two
nights which I brought to the front desk manager.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank elainee58
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the "beautiful" St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from our "great staff." We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. Please know that I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your stay and any outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Recently stayed at the St. Regis for quick business trip. It's very close to my client's office and within a short distance from great restaurants and attractions. Every need was catered to. I had forgotten my toiletries kit - the concierge kindly sent a nice collection up to my room. I was craving late night cookies and milk - delivered quickly to my room. Breakfast was delivered promptly at 7am. Great experience all around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joshua C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your "great" experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from our members of our staff and especially the concierge team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Bottom line up front: Excitement, access and pampering are just three reasons to stay at the St Regis on your next trip to Washington. The wife and I just celebrated our anniversary there the weekend of June 14, 2014. We're accustomed to elegant five star properties so when I say the suites at Regis are next to none, I say so with no hesitation. Whether dining in the Decanter Restaurant (French-influenced MedStyle cuisine) or having casual conversation over drinks, The Regis allows guests to enjoy five-star service in the comfortable elegance of an historical hotel, all the while basking in the subtle atmosphere of power that imbues Washington. Service starts with dedicated staff and The Regis boasts a marvelous global staff. Please say hello to Jane and Tien at the Decanter bar and lounge (both from Vietnam); shake hands with Matthew (Cambodia), Christian (France), and Reda (Morroco) serving the lobby. Martha (Romania) will assist in your dining and Orcun and Kerem (both from Turkey) will attend to your every whim. Of course the good ole USA is represented - Andrew at the Decanter and James greeting you with a welcoming smile at the front door. Our accommodations for the weekend were quite comfortable as we enjoyed the sumptuous Metropolitan Suite with its personal Butler Donna and 24 hour room service. If you like clean, our suite was meticulous. The bathroom was expansive as was the shower (room for 4, although we didn't test this theory!). And the bed somehow whispers your name.... an oh so comfortable mattress. Conveniently located at 16th & K, your stay at the Regis literally puts you less than 10 minutes walking to the White House, METRO, tour buses and quite close to a range of restaurants including McCormick & Schmicks' (half block away on K), PJ Clarke's (across the street), Coast (14th & K), Cosi's (14th & K) and South Beach's Joe's Stone Crab (15th & H), For the children there's a Pizza Fuel Kitchen between McCormick's and the Starbucks at 16th & K and a Pot Belly on K between Vermont Ave and 15th Street. Or just dine on property. I can practically guarantee you won't have any issues the staff cannot resolve at the Regis but if by chance you do, please talk to Orcun or get in touch with "The Man" Ammar Samad, Director of Rooms. Would I recommend Regis to a friend? Absolutely! Enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BuyEuros
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “second-to-none” and "sumptuous" suite as well as the service that you received from members of our “five-star” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our “delicious” restaurant “Decanter.” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our stay at the St Regis was excellent. Service from all staff was great and the room was very nice. We picked the hotel for its proximity to the White House and the monuments. There are lots of restaurants around as well as in the Hotel also bus service is literally across the street. When we return to Washington again,this would be our first choice of hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dynes69
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your "excellent" experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location, two blocks north of the White House. I also appreciate your kind words regarding your "very nice" guestroom and the "great" service that you received from members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital.. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Despite being completely satisfied with the high level of cleanliness, service and luxury, I am compelled to write this review because of Donna, one of the Butlers who came up to tie a bow tie for me. even though the one I had was a too long for my neck, she took the time to make it work, and I cannot tell you how elegant it looked. thank you for having such wonderful people like Donna, and thank you for loaning me a pair of cufflinks too! we will be back next time we're in DC.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the St. Regis Washington DC and for your kind words regarding our butler Donna. I look forward to your return to our property!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis Washington. I was impressed by the hotel: it is very well appointed and the service provided by the staff was both immediate and warm. Rooms are quite spacious and the materials used in the rooms are high quality. The food service was wonderful as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the "excellent" St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our "attentive" staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to our property.