“A Classic Hotel near the White House and Restaurants”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #23 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Coral Gables, Florida
“A Classic Hotel near the White House and Restaurants”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel two years in a row now during my travels, It is elegant has great service and it is small dog friendly too. It is within walking distance of the White House and local restaurants. Clean elegant rooms. The restaurant is excellent and the bar makes great classic drinks such as their famous Bloody Mary.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view some rooms face office buildings and dont offer a decent view. The...
1 Thank Betty M
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your "elegant" guestroom and our "excellent" restaurant and bar. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Upon arrival, a mad man yelling about no hot water. There was a sheet on the desk that explained about it. While we had occasional glitches, the food in the restaurant was excellent, the room clean, the bed comfortable, the concierge fantastic in his assistance. Certainly a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We had a Metropolitan Suite, excellent room.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you had an excellent stay at our hotel and in our restaurant, Decanter. I am also glad that you enjoyed the service that you received from the concierge team. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel. The rooms are beautiful and clean. It was a quiet and peaceful hotel in a great location with very attentive staff. Our first evening there, however, we got incorrect directions to the Washington Monument from one of the workers. The next day, though, I got wonderful help with navigation and metro questions from another worker. I thought the bed was really hard in our room. The view out the window was awful. We were grateful, though, for being able to rent a nice stroller during our stay. We also appreciated our room being tidied, and liked having higher quality toiletries. I felt this hotel was better for people on business trips. It didn't feel like a family place. We felt very out of place having our infant son with us. Obviously this is a very fancy hotel, and fancy people are the ones who fit in best here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mandy A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your "beautiful and clean" guestroom and the service that you received from our "very attentive staff." We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. Please know that I appreciate your constructive feedback and any outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the St. Regis and we enjoyed it as much as our first visit. Hanna at the front desk is so friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed our same room and added a roll away bed for one of our kids. We were too late to eat lunch in the restaurant so we ate in the bar. They were very accommodating with our food allergies & we really enjoyed the parmesan truffle fries! We have stayed in a room on the 2nd floor and it is very bright and quiet. When we arrived "home" after dinner they had left a beautiful treat in the room which we greatly appreciated. All in all, this is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location with outstanding service. The St. Regis is our new "go to" DC hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, location and the "outstanding" service that you received from our members of our staff and especially from Hanna at the front desk. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Hallandale Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful hotel and location
We enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Great staff and service,food, but disappointed with the turn down service the last two
nights which I brought to the front desk manager.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank elainee58
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the "beautiful" St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from our "great staff." We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. Please know that I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your stay and any outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Recently stayed at the St. Regis for quick business trip. It's very close to my client's office and within a short distance from great restaurants and attractions. Every need was catered to. I had forgotten my toiletries kit - the concierge kindly sent a nice collection up to my room. I was craving late night cookies and milk - delivered quickly to my room. Breakfast was delivered promptly at 7am. Great experience all around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joshua C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your "great" experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from our members of our staff and especially the concierge team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Bottom line up front: Excitement, access and pampering are just three reasons to stay at the St Regis on your next trip to Washington. The wife and I just celebrated our anniversary there the weekend of June 14, 2014. We're accustomed to elegant five star properties so when I say the suites at Regis are next to none, I say so with no hesitation. Whether dining in the Decanter Restaurant (French-influenced MedStyle cuisine) or having casual conversation over drinks, The Regis allows guests to enjoy five-star service in the comfortable elegance of an historical hotel, all the while basking in the subtle atmosphere of power that imbues Washington. Service starts with dedicated staff and The Regis boasts a marvelous global staff. Please say hello to Jane and Tien at the Decanter bar and lounge (both from Vietnam); shake hands with Matthew (Cambodia), Christian (France), and Reda (Morroco) serving the lobby. Martha (Romania) will assist in your dining and Orcun and Kerem (both from Turkey) will attend to your every whim. Of course the good ole USA is represented - Andrew at the Decanter and James greeting you with a welcoming smile at the front door. Our accommodations for the weekend were quite comfortable as we enjoyed the sumptuous Metropolitan Suite with its personal Butler Donna and 24 hour room service. If you like clean, our suite was meticulous. The bathroom was expansive as was the shower (room for 4, although we didn't test this theory!). And the bed somehow whispers your name.... an oh so comfortable mattress. Conveniently located at 16th & K, your stay at the Regis literally puts you less than 10 minutes walking to the White House, METRO, tour buses and quite close to a range of restaurants including McCormick & Schmicks' (half block away on K), PJ Clarke's (across the street), Coast (14th & K), Cosi's (14th & K) and South Beach's Joe's Stone Crab (15th & H), For the children there's a Pizza Fuel Kitchen between McCormick's and the Starbucks at 16th & K and a Pot Belly on K between Vermont Ave and 15th Street. Or just dine on property. I can practically guarantee you won't have any issues the staff cannot resolve at the Regis but if by chance you do, please talk to Orcun or get in touch with "The Man" Ammar Samad, Director of Rooms. Would I recommend Regis to a friend? Absolutely! Enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BuyEuros
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “second-to-none” and "sumptuous" suite as well as the service that you received from members of our “five-star” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our “delicious” restaurant “Decanter.” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!