“A bit creepy but loved it”

Cardozo Guest House
Ranked #11 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A bit creepy but loved it”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I found it a bit creepy because we were the only ones in the house! We were on the 3rd floor, in the biggest room with a huge bed and bathroom. We had a coffee machine with Starbucks coffee, small fridge, water, and a jacuzzi. We had some internet problems in the beginning which was solved in the last day. Clean and comfortable room, no breakfast service but it is close to lots of good cafés and restaurants. I have no idea who the owner is, we saw no one for 3 days! That is the reason why I found it a bit creepy, but it was a different experience! (It is also very close to metro station)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melikes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We LOVED the Cardozo Guest House! It was beautiful and well priced - like others have said, we were wary of the shared bathroom but it was no problem at all. I even got to hog it, as we had different schedules than the other couple there. It is in a great neighborhood - the Park Slope of DC - and right by a train. There is a gorgeous garden in the front and walking down the block before heading to the convention really brightened my day. The wifi was spotty on my computer but worked perfectly on my boyfrend's. There was a club pretty far away but the wind carried a bit of the music. We're from NYC and the noise faded into the other outside sounds so it wasn't a problem.
My only regret is that we barely talked to the other couple there. They seemed like they were very nice and tried to talk to us when we got in, but we were really harried by our stress commute to DC. The Guesthouse is private, so were able to read books in the living room and lay around without people trying to offer us things - which really bugs me out at standard hotels. It was Great! Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: ALL OF THEM ARE GREAT but the Pembrose room is great for couples.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Celeste S
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I was a little be weary of the shared bathroom aspect of this bed and breakfast, my expectations were met in every way! We went to DC for a Manchester United game and this was the perfect place to stay. It was a great neighborhood with lots to do and the house was spotless and we'll maintained!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

What a lovely lovely place. My other half describes it as being given the keys to your rich aunt's house to crash in. The duxbury room was lovely, the bathroom was shared by the rooms but I never had to wait for it. The location is ideal. Not far from the mall and loads of lovely restaurants and bars just around the corner (out of the house and turn right). The instructions on how to get in were clear and communication from the management company was excellent. Right by the metro. Fantastic. I cannot speak highly enough if this place! Thank you so much for letting us all into your lovely home! :-)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The guesthouse was fantastic for our anniversary weekend getaway. It was very easy to find, the location was perfect (we walked everywhere, its surrounded by tons of restaurants, bars, clubs, lounges, etc.), and it was a great price. The guest house itself was very nice with a lot of fun decorations, and our room was very clean and comfortable. What else could you ask for?

We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I write this review from the comfort of the Duxbury room bed. I have travelled literally the four corners of the globe and stayed in everything from expensive hotels in central London to mud huts in Nepal. And I can tell you now that this place is one of the stand out places in my mind. It's basically like your 'kinda well-off' auntie has given you the keys to her place in DC and trusted you not to wreck it. There is no room service, or front desk (which is no bother) but what you do get is a great room with a little fridge containing some much needed cool water, actual good strong wifi (the router is in the room) a really, really big comfy bed, and an excellent location.

The room does not have a TV (which is no bother to me, I was able to stream Netflix on my tab with not even a hint of buffer)

There is a shared bathroom (which seems to be kept stocked and clean by an invisible maid) a nice little touch here is the shower gel etc is nice stuff, not your usual hotel stuff.

The maid doesn't seem to enter your room to make the bed (which is a plus for me, I mean, I can make a bed, also I only stayed two nights)

The location is excellent, step outside, turn right, 100m down the street has great bars and food, turn left, a metro station)

I would recommend, nay, insist you put your hotel dollar in these people's hand. This has a very, very good dollar/standard ratio.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Big room in charming old fashion style, sharing bathroom no problem. Nice area, few minutes walk to 14th street with shops, nice cafés and restaurants. Easy access to city centre by bus or city bike. Would like to go back one day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo