“wonderful stay and the george!”

Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The hotel's staff was friendly, went the extra mile, and really made the difference in our stay from any other hotel. From booking a large group dinner at a great restaurant, to wine/hot chocolate/cider in the lobby for their guests - they do everything to make your experience easy, enjoyable, and memorable. The hotel room was great, but the service is what really sets the hotel apart. I would recommend this hotel to any type of guest - business trip, family vacation, romantic get away - it works for all occasions!

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room through their "in touch" membership program and was given it, alo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed at the Hotel George for almost a week, when my husband had a conference, and had quite a nice time. It was our first time in DC and the hotel being located quite close to all the important landmarks, we were able to explore a lot of them just by walking around. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was very spacious and comfortable. Being right next door to the Union Station, it was convenient to simply step out there to grab a bite at one of the numerous food outlets, or catch the Amtrak express. Room service and housekeeping were discreet and neat. The high speed internet was a bonus and though we didn't eat at the Bistro bis ourselves, we've heard the food there is good. A bit pricey, but enough comfort in the rooms for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Ranjini for your business. I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We spent two nights here on Nov 26, and 27th. Had a great room at a great price. Location was great. Walked to the corner and can see the capitol. Room was quiet, and just the right size. Entire room was very clean. Not a single complaint.

Decided to try the Bistro Bis for breakfast. At first the prices surprised me, but I can honestly say it was the BEST breakfast I've ever had in my life. I had the french toast, and it was amazing. Well worth the money.

Entire stay was great. Left the Hotel George and went to stay at another Kimpton hotel in Alexandria. Excellent value hotel. Perfect stay!

• Stayed: November 2011

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Greg for your business and Thank you for your recognition of our great service and location. I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I make a point of staying at Kimpton Hotels when I can because they are cool and I have come to expect a certain standard. I stayed at the Hotel George for one night and will never return. The room was shabby (stained carpet, worn out rug, stained chair), smelly (ike a backed up sewer) and dirty (I found a giant hair ball on the blanket - gross); the shower pressure was also low. I asked for a room away from the elevator and got exactly the opposite. The only redeeming thing about this hotel is that it is close to Union Station, but that in and of itself is not incentive enough to return.

1  Thank elmcity
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: I am very sorry for the experience you had and will personally look into all of the challenges mentioned. The George is known for outstanding service and cleanliness and I am sorry we feel short of both yours and my expectations. I appreciate your feedback and hope you reach out to me and let me invite you back to give us another opportunity to provide you with the true George Experience.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Had a very quick stay at Hotel George on Nov 22nd. Went to see a show at the nearby theater, checked in at midnight and then left at 9am in the morning. The check in staff was very nice. The room was spotless. Bed was comfortable.I signed up for Kimptons loyalty program and was able to spend up to $10 in the minibar and got a newspaper in the morning. Did not get any info about the wifi though, although I didn't even try to use it as it was late.

Just a tip (This is no fault of the hotel) we parked in the garage across the street. The sign said $23 overnight parking. We however did not see the fine print. We had to have the car out by 7am (I believe). So we ended up spending $45 on parking. The hotel valets for $40. So at that point we should have just used the valet. If you park on the street or in a garage, read the signs very carefully!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginaz

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank You Ginaz for sharing your recent stay at the Hotel George. We pride ourselves on great service and cleanliness as we know you have other choices to make when coming to D.C. We want to be the first choice. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

George is one of my favorite hotels, small enough for customers not to be lost in anonymity, considerable effort is made to make the visitor welcome. The experience is one of comfort and thoughtfulness. And it's easy walking to the train station.

1  Thank djpmf

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you for the “Wicked cool” Boston review and Thank you for staying with us. Please let me know when you return to the George So I can welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

This hotel is conveniently close to the major DC attractions and the metro. Very friendly staff and great rooms. Only negative thing is the construction going on next to the hotel. The construction only happens on the weekdays so if you are staying for just the weekend you will not have a problem. All in all this was a great experience!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Jenna for taking the time to share your experience. Our location is only 2 blocks from Union Station and the Capitol Building. Please come back soon and visit us.