Kimpton George Hotel
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
  • Restaurant
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$260
US$192
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$429
US$401
2,244 results
All reviewsbistro bisunion stationcapitol hillwine hourboutique hotelthe corner bakerymini baranimal print robesyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary wineattached restaurantcapital buildingsupreme courthomeless peoplenational mallfront desk staff
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We arrived by train and after a short walk we were quickly checked in to our room. The staff were really helpful and offered some great advice on what to see and how to get around.
The room was comfortable and a good size but our view was just the windows of other rooms. This meant we had to keep the blinds down for privacy.
The afternoon wine tasting was a great way to meet other travelers and pick up tips for the rest of our holiday.
The restaurant served good breakfasts and dinners.
The interesting bath robes are a nice touch and made for some great photos.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: hols4vr, Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My friends and I were in Washington DC in May and stayed at the George. What a great location ! We could walk to everything we needed. The rooms were exceptional, and the beds were unbelieveably comfortable. The staff treated us like they had known us forever ! They were always smiling, and asking if we needed assistance.
My next visit to Washington DC, I know I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank daisy59431
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: daisy59431, WOOT WOOT! I'm glad to hear my staff made such a positive impact on your stay. I can assure you that I have passed the kudos along to my Team and we can't wait to create another memorable stay for you soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed in this hotel for two nights while visiting Washington D.C. in November, was overall very happy with the room and the amenities (included wifi). The room was large and very modern/trendy, and the bed was super comfortable. However, I found the bathroom to be a bit shabby and worn compared to the rest of the room. The bathroom could definitely use some work, it needs to be updated.

Check in and check out went very smoothly! I was able to check in early which I was definitely happy about.

Overall I would definitely recommend the George, it's a trendy hotel with a good location near to the capital building.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sergiotheexplorer
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: viajero26, Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that shabby is definitely not the look we're going for. We are absolutely utilizing your feedback to ensure we keep our hotel looking fresh along with exceptional service. Hope to see you soon on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The hotel has a way of separating itself from the cheap inns that are published with them..find out..and you'll never go wrong.

I liked the distance from them Union station, it's close enough for you not to to worry incase ...The staff were always ready to help with smiles on their faces. The room is spacious and very clean, I personally like the bathroom which is marble all around, and bath things that smells luxurious!! My family enjoyed our stay, and when we come back..it will be The George again!!!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacobomonkey

Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: Jacobomonkey, sounds like we knocked this one out the park! Thank you for your business and we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

NIce staff, but would not give a rating of more than 3 stars. Had to contact the front desk for amenities, asked for a yoga mat, which was never delivered. Noisy construction nearby. Room was large but the hall and elevator looked tired. Lobby and setting area very nice. I was not impressed.

Location was great for capital Hill, but a hike for the Mall area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: Kathleen L, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced here at Hotel George. Dropping the ball is truly not how we operate here at The George. I would love to turn this experience around and show you how we do operate. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure a flawless stay. Thank you for your feedback.