Kimpton George Hotel
US$191
US$499
US$392
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$519
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$263
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$320
US$330
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$309
US$262
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
2,233 results
All reviewsbistro bisunion stationcapitol hillwine hourboutique hotelthe corner bakerymini baranimal print robesyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary wineattached restaurantcapital buildingsupreme courthomeless peoplenational mallfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel offers a very stylish environment with nice amenities. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We weren't able to take advantage of the "Happy Hour" complimentary wine, but the cooler containing both lemon water and lime water in the lobby was a nice touch.

Everything in the room, lobby and elevators was sparkling clean! This is a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

General Manager, Chris Cannon: roseszo, we love you! Thank you for choosing The George for your recent trip to DC. We take pride in our style and fun, so we are super pumped that you were able to enjoy the Kimpton swag first hand. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at the Hotel George from 4/5 - 4/7 for a weekend in DC and I thought the hotel was outstanding. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable, the staff was very accomodating and the location, just a block from Union station and a few blocks from the capital is great.
This is a great place to stay and we wil be sure to book this hotel for our next trip to DC.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank optiman32

General Manager, Chris Cannon: optiman32, thank for your business and recognizing our staff's exceptional hospitality skills. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at the Hotel George for the first time ever for a long weekend over Easter, and it will most definitely not be our last visit. It is a great hotel with fantastic service and staff that go the extra mile consistently. The nightly wine/beer reception is the perfect antidote for a day full of sightseeing and walking. Even my 7 year old would tell us we needed to get back to the hotel in time for Happy Hour each day. It might have been the Wii made available to him, or the magician, or the caricature artist...not sure, but he loved it. He brought his homework down each evening to do while mom and dad were chilling out, but it never got done. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. Even with four of us in the room, it never got overwhelming or uncomfortable. I mentioned that this was the first hotel I have ever stayed in - and that it too many to even count - that I never once saw a housekeeping employee, either in the hallway or cleaning in the room. Yet, the entire hotel was spotless. I find that remarkable. I guess my only suggestion would be to have some sort of food/drink available for younger children. I understand that having a vending machine on every floor plays against the ambiance of the hotel, but perhaps one in the basement or somewhere so that the kids could get a can of soda and treat at any point during the stay. Also, the barking dogs in the middle of the night I could do without. Otherwise, thank you so much for the wonderful stay. The chocolate eggs offered to all of us on Easter morning was a nice touch as well. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask which floor the dogs are on before you accept the room....
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laraine322
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

General Manager, Chris Cannon: Laraine322, everyone loves to be a winner - especially when it is delivered from one of our very own guests! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your awesome experience - we are all stoked to read that we knocked this one out the park for you and your family. Please come back and join us for some more 24/7 fun at The George!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

My stay at the Hotel George was as usual excellent. Every staff member that I encountered during my stay was friendly yet very professional. They wanted every aspect of my stay to be of the highest level and it was.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

General Manager, Chris Cannon: Gary M, we sincerely appreciate the kind words and kudos in regards to our team here at The George. Not only has this post made my day, but everyone on Team George as well! Thank you so much for your business, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The George is a modern, hip hotel very close to Union Station. If you are taking the train into D.C. then this is a great location because it is only a block from Union Station. The hotel staff was very attentive and offered excellent service.

The lobby is fairly small, but the free glass of beer or wine when you check in makes the registration process go that much more smoothly.

Bistro Bis offers excellent french dining directly on the property. The bar area isn't very large, maybe seating for 25-30 people. The cheese plate is excellent as is the endive salad. Entrees vary, but I had the beef burgeon which was very good.

The exercise facility is small and located in the basement. It has three treadmills and a few other machines. The kitchy thing they offer are hula hoops. Given the size of the room, I am not sure where you would use them, but it was interesting to see them offered in the fitness center.

The room itself that I stayed in was fairly standard. It was clean and comfortable. The item that stood out for me were the zebra and lepoard print robes in the closet! Not excatly what I was expecting, but a little fun to see! Overall, I was comfortable at the George and would stay there again when taking the train to D.C. on business.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

General Manager, Chris Cannon: Tyndall_Family, a glass of cold beer will certainly do the trick on the check-in process ;-) We are very glad you chose The George for your recent stay in DC, and hope to see you again on many more trips of both pleasure and business. Thank you!