“Another stay and another big thank you to Mike Love”

Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #21 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Have stayed at the hotel for the family event. Immaculate service. Special thanks to Michael Love, my mom is your biggest fan forever from now and on. Your charm, professionalism, knowledge of where to go and what to do, recommendation where to eat were precious.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Moscow101
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Moscow, Michael L is sporting a huge smile thanks to your feedback. He is one of many Rock Stars here at the George. Thank you for sharing your kind words and I hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 17 April 2013

The George is close to Capitol Hill and very convenient for sightseeing at the mall for all the monuments and Smithsonian museums. The hotel is walking distance to union station for quick access to all parts of the city.

The vibe is modern and relaxed with a bit more of a business rather than a hip vibe, in a good way. Our room was spacious with a beautiful oversized bathroom with plush towels and lovely amenities. The room is designed well and the beds and pillows are SO comfy. The rooms are quiet and you can order up yoga mats which s a nice touch. Restaurant is pleasant and the staff were very friendly and helpful. A great plus: free bicycles which we used to ride from the hotel to visit the monuments. We were there for cherry blossom, so spectacular!

Rooms are reasonably priced, great value and a wonderful base for a visit to DC . I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We had a room with a very spacious at broom including a separate shower. Not sure if all are like th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Avivina, We are totally excited that you had a Wonderful experience while staying with us. Glad you enjoyed our wellness program and took advantage of our free bicycles. See you soon

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Based on reviews our family stayed at the George during the Cherry Blossom Festival. Our room was immaculate and well stocked with toiletries and towels. I think the best part was our warm welcome by Eduardo, after reading many reviews mentioning him here on TripAdvisor it felt like meeting an old friend. You can't beat the location from Union Station, a quick two minute walk. Also just a few blocks from the Capital and most museums. The kids also enjoyed the lemon water in the lobby upon our return from sightseeing. We were so busy sightseeing that we forgot to take Eduardo up on the offer to have milk and cookies delivered to our room before bed, maybe next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Melissa. Eduardo is one of our best and there are other shining stars here as well to ensure a great stay at the George. Please come back soon

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I came for the APA conference and I had thought I already paid for my room and found out I had not. The staff helped me resolve this situation and also comped my parking. Even though I must have come across as an unseasoned traveler the staff was patient and helpful and they never spoke in a condescending manner. They also kept an eye on my things the last day of the conference. The room was great and I only wished I was there for a weekend with someone special. I will return to this hotel and I will suggest it to others. Isreal, Kiah and the Hotel manager who's name I forgot were all great. What was really great was the way they were able to accommodate others at the same time they were helping me. The other residents appeared to appreaciate the service as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Thomas for sharing you feedback. I hope to be able to meet you in person when you return for your next visit to the George

Reviewed 15 April 2013

In August 2012, my wife and I stayed at the Hotel George and had such a wonderful experience that I wrote a review! A few months ago, in January, I found out that I would be returning to Washington D.C. and I attempted to make a reservation only to find out that they had no rooms available for my upcoming visit. I was disappointed and decided to call the front desk, instead of their reservations department and told them that I was a returning customer and I really wanted to stay there again. The front desk manager asked for a a few days to see what he could do and then later that week, emailed me that they had been able to make a reservation in my name. Shortly before leaving for Washington D.C., I called to inquire if parking was included, since that was the deal, when I stayed there in August. I was told that the price of valet parking was $55 a night. I was taken by surprise but realized that with the cherry blossoms in bloom, this was probably one of busiest times for tourism in Washington. The following day I called back and asked to speak to the manager. I decided that I would inquire if they could recommend a less expensive place to park my car. I explained I would be arriving at night, probably around 9 pm. and I didn't want to wander around looking for a parking lot. The Hostess, Kiah, was very kind and explained that there was a lot conveniently located across the street from the garage, but since it would be closed by the time I arrived, she would arrange for one of the doormen to watch the car and then park in there in the morning,. This way I would only pay the $20 parking fee and not the hotel's valet fee. I was incredibly impressed and grateful! Who ever heard of a hotel's staff going out of their way to help the guest save money, where they would not get any remuneration? When I arrived at the hotel Wednesday evening, Kiah was there to greet me and told me that she had arranged for the valet parking to be included in my reservation! I was astonished and very grateful and she assured me that it was within her rights as a host to provide any special services to her guests as she saw fit! Awaiting in my room was fresh fruit and toast and jam and an expensive bottle of water! My stay was exceptional and while I write a positive review last August, I felt that this was the most remarkable hotel experience of my life! I spoke to the hotel manager, Michael, who told me that the staff takes their jobs very seriously when it comes to keeping their guests satisfied. I was incredibly satisfied and would urge anyone who is heading to Washington to seriously consider staying at the George. It is right in the heart of the city only a block from Union Station. And while the rooms cost about $250 a night, I think that is the going rate for that area and certainly worth it given the services you'll receive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Arthur G

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Arthur, We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the George. I hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Great place to stay, perfect location right near Union Station and we got a good price through the Kimpton website. Room was modern, comfortable and a decent size, bathroom a little dated but good, staff were very polite.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The Hotel George has gone WAY downhill since we last stayed there about three years ago. The rooms are in poor condition (we saw two, because the first one was so bad we requested a second...turns out they're all awful) - dirty carpets, dusty blinds, peeling wallpaper, no duvets (just sheets on either side of the comforter so its exposed if it gets moved)...all indicative of a very poorly managed hotel, but our experience with the management was so unbelievably outrageous, it merited a review....

We stayed in a room with a malfunctioning heating/air conditioning unit - it switched between extremely hot air (over 80 degrees) to air conditioning (60 degrees) the entire night and we were unable to get any sleep! We complained in the middle of the night, but there was nothing they could do. We left early the next day to check into another hotel and the management assured us that we would not be charged for the night...but much to our surprise, when our credit card statement came, they had gone ahead and charged us, without giving us a bill, without our authorization and against their word. When we called the hotel about this, they hung up on us and also hung up on our credit card company!

It was such a terrible experience - in fact the worst hotel experience we've ever had - not only has Hotel George lost a customer, but we will never return to any Kimpton hotel due to this experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DKinNewYorkCity

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Ouch, That’s gonna leave a mark.